My current goal is to study in the engineering field at Waterloo - they have great co-op programs

ap22 1 / -  

Waterloo AIF Educational Goals and Reasons for applying

1) Please tell us about your educational goals, your interest in your chosen program(s), and your reasons for applying to the University of Waterloo. If you have applied to more than one program please discuss your interest in each program. (900 character limit)

My current educational goal is to successfully and efficiently study in the engineering field; computer engineering being my primary goal. My ambition is motivated by my strong interest in computer systems, working with various types of hardware, and operating several programming languages when designing and constructing various projects.

Apart from the fact that the University of Waterloo has the largest faculty of engineering in Canada, the reason I would like to attend the University of Waterloo is due to the outstanding and successful co-op programs which the University of Waterloo offers. By studying at the University of Waterloo, I will be able to gain much more experience in my desired field from various co-op terms. I am fond of the idea of gaining work experience while I study, as I believe this is the optimal way to be educated in any field of engineering.

Thank you for the response and feedback
AP, your first paragraph contains an acceptable response. The second paragraph though does not come across as specific enough with reasons for your choice of university. Everybody mentions the Co-Op program in the same manner, general in reference, without a real idea as to how the Co-Op programs will specifically help with your studies and professional goals. Please try to be more specific about the reasons you chose Waterloo. You may mention some social development that you hope to attain by becoming a member of various clubs in relation to your course, or even a reference to student community activities. Show that you did your research and you have clear reasons for your choice of university. Develop the Co-op reference a bit more using specifics so that the reviewer will get a clear picture of the guidelines that you used as the benchmark for choosing your undergraduate university.

Home / Undergraduate / My current goal is to study in the engineering field at Waterloo - they have great co-op programs