Describe a character on a TV show or a book that you most identify with and why

Shinabu 1 / 1  

Zack X and I

Zach X from Pathon Light series and I have many similarities. We both have cynical and skeptic personalities, yet, strangely kind and benevolent towards others. Foremost, we have the ability to identify a problem and use rational thinking and whatever knowledge at our disposal to solve it without trouble. None other character can I deeply relate as much as Zach X and I.

Other than characteristics is the surprising fact that we both have similar experiences and lessons we learned from them. At age 6, Zach X was lost at an amusement park. It would be expected of him to cry at the young age but instead, he maturely tried to ask a employee if he could borrow a phone to call his parents. In the end, the mater was quickly resolved. A similar predicament occurred and I was at the same age. The only difference I could point out of this was we were at different amusement parks.

It is obvious that we both have similar mindsets. We can be very rational to the fact that resolving an issue is very simple. Throughout my life, I have been victimized for pity differences such as eye size, weight, and hair color by many bullies. I simply tackled their criticism with logic. Zack X who also experienced many issues also countered with deductive logic that stumbled his enemies.

If I were to be asked why Zack X and I are very similar. I'd simply state that we both have similar characteristics. Whether it's our likable traits or unique traits, their is not much to be distinguished. We picked up many experienced and gained lessons that were quite alike. Most importantly, our ability to think rationally and resolve and counter problems with it. This is what I believe makes Zack X and I very alike.

( I am new to Essay forum. Thank you) what are some things that are lacking, what can I improve on, what are bad habits I should fix, etc?
sugartown0829 3 / 5 3  
At age 6, Zach X was lost [...] were at different amusement parks.

I think in this paragraph you fell short on furthering your anecdote. It was an enjoyable read but it would be even more so if you elaborate your personal experience. In that way readers like me could sympathize with the two personas all at once.
Jacob, since the reader will most likely not be familiar with Zack, I suggest that you spend the first paragraph presenting the background of Zack and establishing the traits that you find admirable in him the most. Then in the second paragraph, introduce yourself as having a similar personality. Explain how the similarities have also surprised you because you never expected a fictional character to have such strong similarities with you. In order to make the essay believable, the foundation has to be made stronger. So before you use the anecdotes, establish the similarities in a logical manner first. Right now, the focus of the essay is mostly on the character, when the essay calls for a balanced representation or a discussion of the character that allows you call more attention to your own traits in relation to the fictional person.
OP Shinabu 1 / 1  
thank you for the remark holt!

Home / Undergraduate / Describe a character on a TV show or a book that you most identify with and why