Different thinking examples and how it influenced other people

bunikjun 2 / 3  
Please cite any cases in which you thought and/or made attempts in ways different from those of others and describe how such ideas and/or attempts affected you and people around you. (within 1500 characters/200words)

changing brother's attitude toward women

My brother is a misogynist. He believes that men are superior to women just for being men. He also believes that passing under a woman's sarong will cause him to lose their glory. Not only my brother, but also the majority of men in Myanmar, believe the same way. It is because of the male-dominated culture that has existed for generations. Therefore, I would like to prove to him that this stereotyped belief is nonsense.

Since last summer, I have attempted to do laundry with my sarong and my brother's clothes together. I made a rope that was taller than him and hung my sarong to dry on it. If he was lying down on the way I needed to take, I deliberately stepped over him without waiting for permission to pass through. At first, he and I had intense arguments and fights over these issues. Whenever there was a problem, I explained why that belief was wrong and proved him with reasonable evidence. As time went on, he realized that his ideas were wrong according to his experiences with me. In this case, I learned that no matter how unusual our attempts are, they all impact society somehow.

Kindly provide me with any type of criticism. Thank you.
The essay represent a strong misconception that exists in your country. Using your brother's misogyny as an example is a strong way of depicting the problem as it pertains to your family and society in general. However, you should, in my opinion, not go directly to your brother as a misogynist. Rather, establish the cultural mindset that helped to create your brother's attitude towards women first. That way, your desire to change the mindset has a strong backgrounder and, allows the reviewer to understand the gravity of the way of thinking. Additionally, do not tell the reviewers that your brother changed his mindset. Rather, show how his mindset was changed through his actions. It is better to show the results of your efforts rather than simply stating it.
OP bunikjun 2 / 3  
Thank you, Sir! It means a lot to me.

Home / Undergraduate / Different thinking examples and how it influenced other people