I have discovered my passion for cheering -activity, interest, experience,achievement

cmy202020 1 / -  
It's been six years since I have discovered my passion for cheering. Although there are times you get punched, kicked and bruised and you feel like quitting, the thrill of cheering and dedication pull you back. When you commit to the sport of cheering the will to go on makes you stronger. Cheerleading is a team sport and takes alot of heart and determination. There are many obstacles you go through to obtain a certain skill level. One level of training is tumbling. The ability to tumble is mind over matter. When I focus and let my mind take over, I become successful and tumbling becomes effortless. I also motivate myself to overcome the fear of falling with determination. I practice my jumps and tumbling until I see improvement so that I can prepare myself to help teach the other cheerleaders the techniques to become a level four all star cheerleader. My cheerleading team is like family, we support each other in our stunt groups, we having social functions to bond the team together and we do community service to help others outside of our family circle. CHEER means: Competitive, Heart, Energy, Excitement and Responsibility. In All Star cheerleading you have adrinaline and thrill when you are on the floor to compete. That competitive spirit is what you need to have an astonishing team. Having the heart to tumble and the assurance your teammates will catch you after your stunt requires reliance. In order to compete, you need a wealth of energy, confidence and excitement to keep the crowd immersed. Cheering is a big responsibilty, each training session requires different levels of expectation. The years of cheering have been very meaningful to me because I've met alot of friends, I've helped and encouraged a lot of teammates and improved my skills all because of my interest and dedication to the sport of cheering.
coeurreign 2 / 45  
Yeah! A fellow cheerleader! Sorry, anyways to your essay.

It's been six years since I have discovered my passion for cheering. Perhaps talk about what drew you to cheerleading in the first place?

Although there are times you get punched, kicked and bruised and you feel like quitting, the thrill of cheering and dedication pull you back. When you commit to the sport of cheering the will to go on makes you stronger. Cheerleading is a team sport and takes alot of heart and determination. I think you used the words cheering and cheerleading too much here.

There are many obstacles you go through to obtain a certain skill level. One level of training is tumbling. This seems like it could be phrased better.

The ability to tumble is mind over matter. When I focus and let my mind take over, I become successful and tumbling becomes effortless. I also motivate myself to overcome the fear of falling with determination. -love this

I practice my jumps and tumbling until I see improvement so that I can prepare myself to help teach the other cheerleaders the techniques to become a level four all star cheerleader. I don't think you need to tell them that you practice, it's kind of a given in any sport. I think you should keep the teaching others part because admissions counsellors love to see leadership.

My cheerleading team is like family, we support each other in our stunt groups, we having social functions to bond the team together and we do community service to help others outside of our family circle. Try phrasing this differently. It seems kind of pedestrian as of right now.

CHEER means: Competitive, Heart, Energy, Excitement and Responsibility. In All Star cheerleading you have adrinaline and thrill when you are on the floor to compete. That competitive spirit is what you need to have an astonishing team. Having the heart to tumble and the assurance your teammates will catch you after your stunt requires reliance. In order to compete, you need a wealth of energy, confidence and excitement to keep the crowd immersed. Cheering is a big responsibilty, each training session requires different levels of expectation. The years of cheering have been very meaningful to me because I've met alot of friends, I've helped and encouraged a lot of teammates, and improved my skills all because of my interest and dedication to the sport of cheering.

It's good, but it could always be better. You had some very nice transitions, but the introduction and conclusion was kind of weak. For the introduction, you just kind of went "passion for cheerleading", like there wasn't any kind of build-up you know? The conclusion feels, to me, that it can be used as another point in your essay. It's not really a conclusion. You talked a lot about having dedication and being a leader, something that colleges love, so good job with that. Good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / I have discovered my passion for cheering -activity, interest, experience,achievement