Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

How Doctor Who influenced me; COMMON APP/ Character in fiction

caitmarie 1 / -  
so i really really need help with my essay. Can you please looks over my essay for the common app and revise it, make grammatical corrections and change up the wording if you feel its necessary. My deadline for college is in 3 days and this will be super helpful to me. THANKS :3

prompt: Describe a character in fiction, a historical figure, or a creative work (as in art, music, science, etc.) that has had an influence on you, and explain that influence.

The things that I see, hear and encounter on a daily basis has all influenced me and made me who I am today. I am influenced everyday, for better or for worse. A show that has influenced the way I live and see the world is the show Doctor who. Doctor who is a British TV show about a time traveling alien, who roams around time and space in his spaceship. On his adventures, he encounters a countless number of aliens and humans, some good and some bad and stopping evil in each place that he visits. Doctor who has inspired me to travel and see all that the world has to offer, because there is so much that has yet to be discovered and sometimes we have to be curious about these things or else you will miss all the wonders. During the Doctor's travels he encounters many situations that have had the potential of having disastrous outcomes. Rather than using violence to solve his problems, he uses intelligence and his skills as a communicator to diffuse the problem. He taught me that violence is never the answer and there is always an alternative way to solve problems that can benefits both sides. There has been many times where the doctor faced casualties and wasn't able to save everyone, but he grew from it and didn't let that stop him from what he wanted to achieve. He taught me to never dwell on the past, but to learn from it and try not to make the same mistake again. Like all of us, the Doctor has had many weak moments and showed his vulnerable side, which makes him relatable. For those moments where he is feeling low he has a companion that he takes on his adventures that help him carry the burden. He showed me that it's important to have a friend to help you through tough times and without them life would be hard. Doctor Who has taught me many valuable lessons that have changed me as a person. He made me rethink the way I made choices and to understand my options in life. He also taught me to go and see everything that I can; unlike him I am not a 900 year old alien who has hundreds of years to see everything in the world. Although I'm not a timelord, I hope to one day make a difference like he has. I can save world and races from extinction, I can make a difference now by helping people who can't help themselves and hopefully save lives and make an impact like my hero Doctor Who.

i know its not perfect but your feedback and constructive criticism will be helpful :]

Home / Undergraduate / How Doctor Who influenced me; COMMON APP/ Character in fiction