EEC/ I crave for Computer & Math; MIT Short answer - which department/program & why?

MiaB 8 / 25  
Here's my answer the MIT's question :

Although you may not yet know what you want to major in, which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why? (*) (100 words or fewer)

Math is my passion: I absolutely love spending hours trying to figure out a way to solve a really tough problem. And, the pleasure and fulfillment I sense after finding that solution is such that I know it's what I want to do later, what I want to study. Arithmetic and algorithms are my favorite; I am fascinated by cryptography, codes, and computer programming's world, which tempt me a lot since I've started reading Dan Brown. Plus, I've always been curious about computers' impressive coding and programming abilities. Thus, I want to be, someday, an engineer that would create a really powerful code-breaking algorithm, or an algorithm that would analyze financial markets. My craving for computer science and math makes, therefore, MIT's Electrical Engineering and Computer science department the most appealing to me.

what do you think ?
ll931110 7 / 15 3  
I think you are not answering the question correctly. In addition to your math & computer science passion, you need to show how specifically that MIT department interests you.
OP MiaB 8 / 25  
Thanks; I'll try to revise it.

Just to make sure I've understood your comment : do you mean that I need to add things like :
"Besides, the laboratory research and independent projects, included in this MIT department's undergraduate education, seem to provide such intellectual blossoming that I can't wait to experience it. " ?

Thanks again.
hotaru1007 - / 5  
There are many approach to answer this question. You can answer it from your passion point of view, but make sure it sounds interesting. I applied for a certain science camp and i read several similar essay.

Just sharing, it's not the best, but here's my style for answering such question : "I watched a film about worldwide pandemic. It was an incurable disease and create horrible suffering. People willing to do crazy things just to survive. They rob, they kill, they forget humanity. In such chaos, only doctors have the power to end the problems. Since then, i believe in how big a doctor can do for people's lives."

There are tons of people who love math like you do, but show them you are different in way that you have strong vision of what you want to do in your life
13579ben 2 / 3 1  
The response seems a bit generic. How will I be able to distinguish it from a pile of 1000? Put some personal writing style into it that'll make it memorable somehow.

Home / Undergraduate / EEC/ I crave for Computer & Math; MIT Short answer - which department/program & why?