Energy engineering - Personal statement - GKS-U 2024

bibi04 1 / -  

Personal statement

- Motivations with which you apply for this program
- Educational background
- Significant experiences you have had; persons or events that have had a significant influence on you
- Extracurricular activities such as club activities, community service activities or work experiences
- If applicable, describe awards you have received, publications you have made, or skills you have acquired, etc.
I'm applying for GKS-U 2024 if someone can help me with my SOP:

I'm an 18 year old student, who has always put her academic life as one of her highest priorities. I have been swayed by many fields but my interest in the energy engineering always pulled me like a magnetic and all the time I wanted to be an active member who will be able to build sustainable cities and communities by developing the field of energy which they're making a part of the goals of sustainable development. Thus, this program, that I have been known about it 6 years ago, is offering me the opportunity to reach the beginning of my academic dream since South Korea, as a country who lacks natural gas and import oil, is known by increasing her use of renewable energy and energy efficiency in electricity infrastructure to build sustainable energy and a resilient infrastructure.

I accomplished my high school studies at June 2022 and obtained my baccalaureate that is equivalent to "high school diploma" with a highest honors grade in physic science- French option. After then I applied to a college studying environmental engineering and I passed all the semesters. While studying these major I started to realise and understated myself concerning where and what to study.

During my academic career, I have gained countless experiences. Starting from middle school where I started to show my interest in Korean culture and since that time I wasn't aware of schools that provide Korean language course. Hence, I outset to do a self-learning where I taught myself 한굴, how to read also the basic conversation and in 2020/2021 l went to a Korean center with my mother for a year and we obtained a certificate for acquiring level 2.

After graduating from high school I went to college that is far away from my hometown where I have learned self-reliance and take full responsibility of myself. Further, I participated in school clubs that provided us with a lot of activities, and the ones that I was part of, such as planting trees and flowers and sensitizing children and people through art. Moreover, I am an active member of the association (CI2RC). Thanks to those experiences, I have developed my social skills also started to understand how life works and more. Not only I have increase my capabilities but I also have comprehend that we need to protect our planet and to come to an end with those environmental issues not because to save our planet but in effect to rescue our life. Besides, I also recognized my interest, which gave me the strength to pursue my goals and apply to this program.

I few months I have regained my confidence and trusted myself after hesitating many times. However, this time I have decided to apply to the programme and not miss the opportunity that is given to me after I have made sure that I am able to go through all the hardships that I may face after getting the scholarship.
The essay can do with some professional editing to help with the clarity of the content. However, the confusing content information is not the main problem of the essay. You have written an essay that is heavy with ambition, but not enough in qualifiying information. If you review the requirements for the essay you will see that you are short on the required relevant experiences, but rich in motivation. So find a balance between the two. Think of how you can also discuss more marked influences in your life that led to your choice of major. More importantly, build on your relevant activities and exposure that will allow you to strengthen you academic and community qualifications. Consider if you will, how you can create a more vivid motivational statement. Also, do not write any Hangul characters in the essay. You should be writing this essay fully in English or Hangul, the written bastardation of the presentation will not be well accepted by the Korean reviewer.

Home / Undergraduate / Energy engineering - Personal statement - GKS-U 2024