'.. enough of an artist' - Stanford- What matters to you and why?

omergoktug 3 / 6 2  
Imagination is the most precious thing I have because without imagining, exploration in any meaning would be impossible. When I was freshman in high school, I became increasingly aware of my role in this world. Who was I and what was I to become? I started to read books and journals from newspaper in Turkey because throughout my life, I had experienced what education system in where I was born taught and had understood that education system in Turkey pushed students to learn pure knowledge-only formulas and knowledge a student needs in an exam- without thinking. When I was reading a book about Einstein's biography, I came across with a quotation from Albert Einstein: I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. It affected me deeply because I had just started my journey to myself. For a while, I studied science really hard because I thought science was open to imagine. After a while, I started to read a book called The Alchemist. It opened my understanding to world more that ever and I started to try to journey within myself- As the book said. After all, I understood Imagination was not to dream something depended on what you wanted but to create an ideal world within your knowledge and to journey in it and then to try to make your world possible like Einstein did with his Relativity Theory.

Please be critical.
There might be a lot of grammatical mistakes,, Please correct me!!

Please like, I need to delete one of my posts. :)
college134nj - / 44 7  
very good! i love the prompt. unique all the way.

Home / Undergraduate / '.. enough of an artist' - Stanford- What matters to you and why?