"My Father" UCF ESSAY

kaydubbb 1 / -  
1. If there has been some obstacle or "bump in the road," in your academic or personal life, please explain the circumstances.

1. I grew up not knowing my biological father. Instead I grew up knowing Les, my mother's boyfriend. He was the closest thing I had to a dad and to tell you the truth I thought he was. I constantly endured questions such as "Why don't you look like your parents?" and "Were you adopted?" He taught me everything a father would teach his daughter. How to tie my shoes, how to ride a bike, but most importantly how to be strong and how to stand up to the people who ridiculed and questioned me for not looking like my family. But this summer, one day before my seventeenth birthday, I received a message. It was from my biological father. He was apologizing, asking, denying. I wasn't ready to forgive or accept. My heart felt like it had been torn in two. I felt lost, but I knew that I had to be strong like my true dad taught me. I needed to be there for my family, especially for my dad. He needed to know that no one could replace what he gave to me. He helped me overcome what seemed like the hardest time in my life and he taught me the true definition of a father.

Any suggestions are welcome!!
EF_Stephen - / 264  
That story is too big for the writing you gave it. Lots of stuff there, good emotional stuff. I want to know more. Add details. Make it a living experience rather than a headline experience.

Home / Undergraduate / "My Father" UCF ESSAY