"when I first picked up a racket and a tennis ball" - UC prompt #2

donkey101 1 / 2  
My heart was beating tremendously fast and my face turned red. I looked at my opponents with sweat dripping from my tenned face. I was very nervous and sore from my long battle of tennis regionals. Suddendly, I bent my knees and turned sideways facing the incoming ball shooting towards me with my racket. I pushed the racket towards the ball and vollied it towards the allies, where it had been untouched. My knees and arm joints released the cemented tension from winning my first game. We won,''! I exclaimed to my partner. This happiness filled my body with joy and I cherished this moment as a building block to success. I had joined the Tennis team for two years and didn't let myself down just because everyone else was playing longer than I was.

I remember the time when I first picked up a racket and a tennis ball. I could barely remember the
exact distance my ball had traveled past the court. I would practice everyday and I wouldn't
leave without installing a little improvement within myself. My interest for tennis started
growing and growing, like a little flower trying to move towards the sunlight.

My Tennis season strted off with my coach notifying me that it wouln't be a good idea for me
to play on the tennis team this year due to high competition. I was astonsihed on the words that
popped out of his mouth and told him that I was sorry he felt that way, but I am not going to stop doing what I love the best. From then on, I would work harder each day to try to keep up with the competition. This motivation helped me strive for my goals and never walk back down the stairs. As time went on, I progressed and the time came for regionals. My coach came up to me and told me that he knew I deserved to go and that he extremely regretted his sharp words that he had said to me in the start. I thanked him and assured myself that even if I don't win, I tried and that is what really counts.

Feel free to make any corrections or comments!
zling 2 / 9  
I was astonished at the words that
popped out of his mouth and told him that I was sorry he felt that way, but I am not going to stop doing what I love the bestmost . From then on, I worked harder each day to try to keep up with the competition.

My coach came up to me and told me that he knew I deserved to go, and that he extremely regretted his sharp words that he had said to me in the start. (I suggest replacing extremely with sincerely)

just some grammar stuff, sorry not sure what else

Home / Undergraduate / "when I first picked up a racket and a tennis ball" - UC prompt #2