"a five-day long training" - The Biggest Challenge I Have Overcome

natural12345 1 / -  
please help me revise the article, thank you!

Taking the special course that I ever attended helped me overcome the biggest challenge. This course was all about how to overcome the fear of public speaking or performance, and how to boots one's self-confidence. My father and boyfriend did not want me to take this course, because it was from Wednesday to Sunday from 8am to midnight, they were worried about my safety, during the class we had to turn off our mobile phones. Also, this course cost was more expensive than any other they know. I suffered from the stress they gave me, but I knew they were caring about me. I still decided to continue with this course, because I want to take up this challenge and learn more about myself.

The first day of the course started, and the lecturers were very good at delivering their speeches, but I decided to sit at the last row trying to hide myself. I disliked showing myself in the crowd and I preferred to be a listener. The second evening, we had a few activities, which allowed us to interact with our new classmates, at laughter reverberated in the classroom. Then third evening, the lecturer asked us to discuss the subject of performing a drama or an improvising on stage. This improvising involved the costumes, make-up, hair-styles and so on... and we had only two hours to get ready. Even though, this performance was ten-minute long, I was very nervous; huge fears came arose in my mind and I was ready to run away. Then it was my turn. In order to overcome my fears and encourage myself, I decided to do my best to finish it. After ward, I was so enthusiastic to do something like this, as it inspired me a lot.

The next day, our lecturer gave us a homework about helping somebody who needs your help and you need not spend money on helping. You could collect food, beverage and other things for them, but it required to be from stores or strangers near you, and then you needed to transfer those supplies to a charity of your choice. Why would people who you first met at somewhere trust you and donate items to you, I thought it was impossible. I felt that the most people in our community did not care of others. I deeply believed that this course had to have had a certain reason, and indeed it taught me not be afraid to ask for help or be refused. Finally, I accomplished the task on time and without spending any money. After this lesson, I discovered that it was easier to be successful, if you can do yourself in any task or any thing.

This five-day long course allowed me to learn a lot. It was an unforgettable experience for me. It was like a child riding a bicycle for the first time and never forgetting how to ride next time forever. In this short-term training, I overcame my stage fear, I boosted my self-confidence, and learned to be inspired when I facing challenges. I believe this course has changed me a lot.
bestgirl 2 / 7  
When you use i, put it in capital I
Thanks Annabelle and Rajiv! Welcome, Peddy! Here is my idea for this sentence:
I estimated thing, somethings badly in my mind required eliminated through the course. I don't know what you mean to say, but I think it might be like this:

I had made an inaccurate assumption about the course, and I discovered that the course was able to eliminate some of my wrong ideas.

:-)

Try using the corrections provided here, and type the essay again! That is the way to practice. Type, and say all sentences aloud the way Rajive corrected them.

For example:

first night, as the course started, i sat behind [in] the last line, trying to conceal i [was there]. i disliked show[ing] myself outside. i preferred to listen to speeches, which [were] in this course's lectures.

The first night, as the course started, I sat behind in the last line, trying to conceal myself there. I disliked showing myself outside. I preferred to listen to speeches, which were in this course's lectures.

Welcome to EssayForum!
because I want to take up this challenge and learn more about myself.

The essay is looking good, but this is still not very powerful. It seems like a general, vague thing to say. Can you say something more poignant at the end of the first paragraph?

:-)

Here is another place to fix:
After this lesson, I discovered that it was easy to be successful if I can adapt to different situations and innovate as necessary.

Home / Undergraduate / "a five-day long training" - The Biggest Challenge I Have Overcome