'I found someone with shared values and motivation' - Honors College App. Essay

Bellacorrr 1 / 1  
Hello!

I just to give you all some background information, I am a Biology major going into my third year. I was given the opportunity to apply t the honors college at my university and it was out of the blue. It is not easy to get in and If I get accepted I have a guaranteed Med School interview next year with our college. I really tried my best but writing does not come easy to me (some extra help is needed)

Here it is, Please be brutally honest. I take constructive criticism very well.

Why would you like to join the honors college? (in 350 words or less)

When searching for friends or a soul mate, I believe one to look for someone that holds true to your same values and who always had your best interest at heart. Finding someone with shared values and motivation is hard to come by, but I found that within the XYZ Honors College. Not being a freshman student coming into the honors college has given me the opportunity to be able to observe faculty, staff and students from the honors college.

For one, I have seen the same values instilled in me in this Honors College. For one scholarship is a shared common value, as a student wishing to go into medicine field, academics are the most important aspect of my undergraduate life. The Honors College is a unique branch of XYZ who provides scholars with the perfect learning environment to succeed and move onto fulfilling their goals in life.

The Honors College is also well known for being a powerhouse generator of campus leaders. It is home to countless student ambassadors, SGA presidents, senators, homecoming council members (My list can go on). Leadership and Integrity play a key role in the Honors College and its student leaders. As a student-leader, I hope to find my home within the Honors college and not only utilize the resources that are provided for Honors College students to realize my potential as a leader but I hope to nourish my leadership and continue to instill integrity in all of my work.

As I begin to go into my junior year, I have found myself in this very same spot, writing the essay for the Honors College (twice actually). Becoming a part of the XYZ Honors college has been something I have wanted since I began my journey at our university three years ago but had always found an excuse to not apply. This time, opportunity knocked on my door and I answered the door (and it in). The Honors College will provide me with the tools necessary to continue growing as a scholar, leader and as an individual. And will ultimately guide me to becoming the best version of myself possible.
Natalia1988 4 / 10  
I think it is good, just you should add why they will be lucky to have you in.
OP Bellacorrr 1 / 1  
Thanks ! I will do that
When searching for friends or even a soul mate, I believe onetowe should look for someone that holds true to your same valueswith the same values and interests that we hold.and who always had your best interest at heart

Why did you include the "soul mate"? .... I feel that character really does not fit in here.... That's my personal opinion :)

Home / Undergraduate / 'I found someone with shared values and motivation' - Honors College App. Essay