"French club" - briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities

collegebound28 13 / 22  
I wasn't sure what they meant on the common application could you tell me if I am on the right track?

French Club

One of my extracurricular activities is French club. French club acts as a supplement to the regular French courses I am currently taking; we participate in variety of activities, mainly focusing on French culture. During the Christmas season French club members research how the holidays are celebrated in France and work with Home Economics students to prepare French holiday foods. Club members take a yearly trip to a French restaurant as part of a study of French cuisine. French club also learns about French art by taking a trip to the Museum of Modern Art, in order to view Impressionist period art, which is also a component of the regular advanced French curriculum. French club raises money for its activities by selling items of clothing such as T-shirts and jackets to the rest of the student body.
bakamanju 3 / 14  
Your overall essay is fine, just try to add French club's impact instead of just listing what you've done during the club. Show don't tell! So, like tell us how one of those trips influenced your decision to learn French or something along those lines. Be sure to stay in the word limit!

Best of luck!
bakamanju 3 / 14  
French club also learns about French art by taking a trip to the Museum of Modern Art, in order to view Impressionist period art, which is also a component of the regular advanced French curriculum.

I'm just using this as an example. Try to input yourself and how French art influences yourself as a person, not just why it is part of the French curriculum. How does French art make you feel? Does it change you as a person. Don't just take my ideas for it now! It is a suggestion to show yourself as a student with the want to learn! I hope this helps!
YPan 10 / 28  
I guess you need2 either dig deeper into Thoreau's spirits, thoughts and experience or write more about the French Club's impact on you
OP collegebound28 13 / 22  
briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities. Can you give feedback?

French club encouraged me not only to look at French as a language but at the culture and society around it. The French club researches holiday traditions and learns to make French holiday food such as crępes; this helped me not just learn a language but to make a connection with a culture and a people. Another component of French club is our study of French impressionist artists, culminating in a trip to the Museum of Modern Art. Studying these artists and seeing their work inspired my desire to learn the French because the Impressionist art is a tangible embodiment of the beauty of the language.

Home / Undergraduate / "French club" - briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities