'My Friday Nights' - Common Application Short Answer

hixtine 4 / 9  
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum)

My Friday nights found themselves short of the typical football games and parties. In the basement of Living Water Evangelical Church I take out my humble acoustic guitar. Soon scores of elementary students will energetically run in.

After the children settle, I lead them in the first song. Initially I felt nervous about leadership. Being a leader means responsibility, not just to others, but also to myself. I had been given the privilege to become a role model, a non-stop duty that takes pride in integrity. As I sing, I see the children boldly jumping, dancing, unrestricted with joy.

Then I remember.
I became a leader for the children because I want them to always remember to find joy and refuge in their beliefs. I want them to always remember that their life has purpose and meaning. I want them to always remember that, despite any insecurity they may have, resilience trumps weakness. CC
AU0594 15 / 31  
Dont switch betwee present and past tense, stay in either one :)
Sophya 3 / 10  
It's great you can see leadership in such an experience. I think you can elaborate more on your leadership part. What is your responsibility? Why do you say it's not just to others but also to yourself?

Home / Undergraduate / 'My Friday Nights' - Common Application Short Answer