'Gallatin's dream' - NYU Supplement Essay - Why NYU?

ricka123 5 / 13  
Hey guys, I have to have this essay done by tomorrow, so if you could edit it for content, grammar, etc. I would really appreciate it.

Prompt: Why NYU?

New York is a city for the inspired, for those that thrive on life and vibrancy. It is intoxicating, filled to the brim with culture and art. For me, New York City is a mecca for all things extraordinary. As a restaurant enthusiast, it is heaven. As a cinephile, it is home. The city in and of itself is poetry, is music. It is unconquerable and for that reason, keeps you on your toes, keeps you moving, never tried. But aside from the beautiful city in which it resides, NYU has Gallitin. Being a person of many interests, it sang to me. Where others called me a dreamer, Gallatin said, 'I understand.' Unlike other schools, Gallatin isn't rigid. It doesn't try to box me into one specific major, rather encourages me to explore all of the different areas of academia that inspire me. At Gallatin, I can discuss Bertolucci's use of sexuality in The Dreamers, while taking a class in calculus for business, and end the day with a lesson on the Portuguese subjective. This unique educational approach is ideal because it allows me to hone all of my interests into a degree that will represent the eclectic, driven person that I am.
rosomp - / 11  
Very concise and pleasing to read. I offer only one piece of advice: you should probably capitalize the "m" in "mecca." Well done, Erica!
OP ricka123 5 / 13  
Thanks for the edits!
rosemarimalu 3 / 13  
No problem Erica! Would you mind helping me on mine now, please? I would GREATLY appreciate it! :)
Jerlynn 3 / 26  
It's amazing that you can be so concise and succinct and yet make the essay a good one. This is really good.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Gallatin's dream' - NYU Supplement Essay - Why NYU?