Home / Undergraduate % width Posts: 2

Gks 2024/25 Politics and International Studies

Damilola christ 1 / -  
Gks 24/25 Politics and international studies

Just writing about my motivation I apply for the program

"The key to resolving International conflict with a positive outcome includes looking for a win-win situation, finding common ground, formulating proactive strategies, using effective negotiation and communication, and appreciating cultural differences". I was the firstborn of my family and I have four siblings, my father and mother's occupation is farming, and they work hard together to feed us and sponsor our education through farming, despite my parent being uneducated because of poverty, yet, they are instilled with the value of education and their dream is to give us what they couldn't achieve, have always seen my parents struggling to finance us, instead, I try to understand and do something to improve the situation, which I usually go to the farm after school hours to give a helping hand to my parents and at the dawn of harvesting, we sell crop produce to the market and the money is used to support feeding and schooling. Unexpected happens when there is a conflict between herdsmen of Northern Africa and Nigeria farmers, it's a saddening experience for both my parents and other poor farmers when the herdsmen roaming cattle destroyed crops, there could not be excessive farming, and this result in significant economic losses for farmers and Nigeria economic system, threatening food security and livelihoods, Additionally, The conflict between herdsmen and farmers have also been fueled by broader security challenges in Nigeria, including ethnic and religious tensions, the proliferation of small arms and light weapons, and inadequate law enforcement, These factors create a volatile environment where conflicts escalate quickly and resolution is difficult to achieve, Hence, Witnessing the impact of the crisis on our community fills me with a sense of urgency to extend a helping hand and make a positive difference and this profound my inspiration to study politics and international studies, in sense of responsibility to contribute to conflict resolution, peacebuilding, and inclusive development. By improving my theoretical and practical knowledge in gaining a deeper understanding of the root causes of the conflict, promoting dialogue and reconciliation, advocating for inclusive development policies, and building a foundation for change, I am committed to playing a meaningful role in shaping a more peaceful and prosperous future for Nigeria and its people, it is with this goal that I am vehemently motivated to pursue an undergraduate degree in politics and international studies through the Global Korea Scholarship.
The story of your parents is touching. However, it is not clear how politics and international relations would have a direct effect on their current situation. In order to connect your interest in these studies, you must indicate how the local and national government are trying to address the situation. Where do you feel they are lacking in their approach to resolving the situation? Your ideas in those sections will better explain the connection of your motivation to study the course and how it will apply to your country's scenario. The quote at the start is also confusing. It should be removed since it does not directly relate to the next section of the paragraph.

Home / Undergraduate / Gks 2024/25 Politics and International Studies