"Growing Through Other People" Rutgers Application Essay

ronar 1 / -  
This is the application essay for Rutgers. Constructive criticism is appreciated. I would like to know if this is too short or if I could improve this essay.

Prompt
Rutgers University is a vibrant community of people with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. How would you benefit from and contribute to such an environment? Consider variables such as your talents, travels, leadership activities, volunteer services, and cultural experiences. Only personal essays submitted via our website will be considered. Maximum 3800 characters including spaces.

Essay
"Growing Through Other People"
Choices are what guide life. Out of the infinite amounts of possible paths to take, one can never be sure about the outcome until he makes the decision. Life is about making choices, and one of the biggest choices to make in life is deciding which college to go to. Rutgers is filled with diversity because everyone goes there for their own purposes. Meeting different kinds of people is a way for me to expand my horizons. I am choosing Rutgers not only as an extension to my education, but also to develop my character and personality.

In my high school, there are only a few people to talk to everyday. Even when we break out of our social boundaries, there are only a handful of groups to mingle with. Usually, I do not notice this during the school day, but whenever I and my best friend talk with each other, our discussions tend to end up at this topic. Getting to know many different people is the best way to develop one's self. Rutgers is a diverse college with a plethora of unique individuals. This is an ideal place for me, not only as a learning environment, but also as a place to grow.

I feel that college should be the first taste of the real world for any student; Choosing a college is something that requires time and thought. I wish to have the opportunity to develop myself after leaving my confined high school so I decided the pick a college that will allow me to meet many new people.
"Growing Through Other People"
Choices are what guide us through life.

Out of the infinite number of possible paths to take, one can never be sure about the outcome until he makes the decision.

Life is about making choices, and one of the biggest choices to make, in life is deciding which college to go to.

In my high school, there are only a few people to talk to every day .

Usually, I do not notice this during the school day, but whenever my best friend and I talk with each other, our discussions tend to end up at this topic.---What topic? That there is no one to talk to?

Consider variables such as your talents, travels, leadership activities, volunteer services, and cultural experiences.---All you're saying in your essay really, is that any college has more people than the high school you attended. You are not saying anything about yourself, what you want to study, what you are interested in.

Home / Undergraduate / "Growing Through Other People" Rutgers Application Essay