Hard times are inevitable; Personal Statement for University of Arizona

alyssabarnette 1 / -  
Hard times are inevitable. My sophomore year of high school was very tough for me. I fell into a state of depression, whilst juggling all the stress of school and family life. I began seeing a therapist multiple times a week after school, for about six months. My grades reflected the fact that I was emotionally unstable. Even though it was rough, I made myself stand up and fight through it. I managed to pull my grades up to where they should have been. Though I felt like giving up many times, I didn't let myself, because education is ultimately the most important thing to me. This was probably the roughest time I have experienced, but I didn't let it stop me. To me, this really proves my dedication for my education.

^^ This is my personal statement for the University of Arizona..
If you have any suggestions of anything I should add or change, PLEASE tell me. It would mean a lot to me.
Thank you!
Juanesha 1 / 1  
I can relate to your experience and I congratulate you on continuing to pursue your education during this dark time in your life. Realize that if you do not find a way to channel this negative energy then depression will always stand in your way and prevent you from being the best that you can be. Just continue to keep that dream alive. Try to stay positive and always seek help when you need it. I wish you luck in Life's journey!

Home / Undergraduate / Hard times are inevitable; Personal Statement for University of Arizona