HARD WORKING & GOOD EDUCATION; U TORONTO- Engineering/ Skills/ Extracurricular

mausami 1 / -  
Please write a brief essay that answers the following questions.

What has inspired you to pursue an engineering degree and why would you like to study at the University of Toronto?
What skills have you developed through your extra-curricular experiences that will support your future success as both a student and an engineer?

Your essay should not exceed 3000 characters (including spaces and punctuation).

Ever since I was a kid, I've wondered what I want to do with my life. During elementary school, I remember gathering a blackboard, a box of chalk and a few of my cousins, trying to teach them the alphabets and numbers, undoubtedly boring them to death. As I grew into my teenage years, that hobby faded and I was again lost. It wasn't until last year, when spending a whole semester trying to learn physics and chemistry in colossal detail, that I started to think how amazing it was that scientists have invented such great machines that make a task that could take hours be done in just a matter of seconds. Being a daughter of two civil engineers, it wasn't a surprise that I took interest in the mechanism of different things. That's when I decided that I wanted to become an engineer.

I've always been a person that immediately analyses everything on the first encounter. When I'm assigned a task, I make sure that it is done with as much precision and thoroughness as possible. To be successful as a student in my undergraduate years, it is important to be able to communicate and state my opinion with fellow classmates. During 9th grade, I spent 6 months volunteering at the Scarborough Historical Museum where I was a part of many community events. I've also been volunteering at the YMCA as a part of the Youth Citizenship Committee for 2 years. As a result of constantly socializing with people, my confidence, communication skills and leadership qualities have boosted up and I'm a lot better at sharing my ideas with others. I've also done co-op at Woburn Medical Dental Centre for a month, where I assisted doctors and the administration staff with paperwork and such. There, I learned about many different medical conditions and the medicines that treat these. This job specifically interested me and attracted my focus towards biomedical engineering in later years of my undergraduate degree. This is one of the prime reasons for choosing chemical engineering as my major. Through my stay at the clinic, I also learnt patience, punctuality, attentiveness and persistency. These are all the qualities that a life-long learner should acquire earlier on in their lives.

I think that to become a successful student and engineer, two things are required: a hard working mind and a good education system. One quality that I'm absolutely certain I have is that I'm hard working. The second requirement would be fulfilled if I get accepted to U of T. With one of the finest research labs, the best group of professors, a really big group of intelligent individuals, a wide range of diversity, the number of different clubs and the fact that it's not too far from home, there is no other place as perfect as U of T for me to pursue my ambition. At U of T, the opportunities are endless and if I do get accepted, I can only improve both as a student and an individual.

Any feedback?
serdarovez 10 / 33 3  
Its a really good written essay,
You have an awesome introduction
But i think you should work on your conclusion some more...
Anyway i its a good answer for the current prompt.
also you have some grammar mistakes.

Good luck

Home / Undergraduate / HARD WORKING & GOOD EDUCATION; U TORONTO- Engineering/ Skills/ Extracurricular