help with organizing a short answer for UR

volleyball09 11 / 12  
for Univ. of Rochester, the short answer is

Rochester students represent many different viewpoints. Each student constructs an independent study and research plan. Describe what you will contribute to Rochester's diversity of ideas, experiences, and identities. If you can, incorporate a positive past experience where you chose your own learning path, or negative experience where you wanted to exercise more independence.

Can you please tell me how I should organize my response?

for the last part of the question (describe a positive/negative experience, etc) i will write about a science fair project i conducted during ninth grade and the positive part was how i was able to see how/where i should improve in conducting the experiment, etc.

thank you so much!
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good evening :)

I suggest beginning with an outline. List all of the topics you absolutely want to include and then one fact and/or a supporting detail or story about that topic. You can include as many topics, facts, supporting details, or stories as you need to make a strong essay. Once you have that done you can rough out a conclusion; wait until the very end to write your introduction though. After all, how can you introduce something that you haven't even written yet?

I hope this helps get you started.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Undergraduate / help with organizing a short answer for UR