I need help with my essay. I am trying to apply for the Art Institute of NY

Kca171 1 / -  
I need help I have been out of school since 1992 and I would like to go back to school to further my education and also fulfill my dream of being a Graphic Artist. I am not sure how to go about it but this is what I got so far. I put in some personal stuff I am not sure if that is ok.

What are you career goals and how do you expect your education at the Art Institute to help you attain your goals?

My career goals are to attain a career in Graphic Art Design I was studying that in High School back in 1992 and I was pretty good at it. I graduated from the school but I couldn't start college because I was going to become a parent at a young age. I had to put my education on hold and now I am ready to go back head on and get the education that I need my fulfill my career goal in becoming a Graphic Artist. I have worked all of my adult life and I took a career where you do not get much out of it, being and Administrative Assistant has it rewards but this is not what I want to be doing the rest of my life. I feel that this school will help me accomplish my goals.

I am a strong and passionate about this field, therefore I strongly willing to participate in what ever programs and activities which are needed to complete my goals in this Institute. I am very committed to fulfilling my goals and so, I will push myself in all ways to succeed and graduate so that I may have my creative dream and be proud of myself and my goal accomplishment.
NitaNA 1 / 5  
Actually, Graphic art design is not my major..
After I have read your essay,,
The idea that i have got is you really want to be Graphic Artist.
But could you be more spesific, like what your focus on Graphic Art Design?

*cheers!
fulfill my dream of being a Graphic Artist.

I wonder if college can even keep up with the changes in technology. You can probably learn even more if you use online tutorials. Do you use things like photoshop? My friend taught me a little about it, and it is so complicated!!

With WRITING as your art for this essay, do not waste any words. Give the reader lots of experience/thoughts with a quick, powerful sentence:

My career goals are to attain a career in Graphic Art Design is the discipline that gave me that spark of inspiration, but I was studying that in High School back in 1992 and I was pretty good at it. I graduated from the school I couldn't study it at the time when all my friends were going to college, because I was going to become a parent at a young age. Now that I have overcome many obstacles as a parent and as a professional, I am ready to...

You are going to need to read a lot and write a lot -- everything you can find about graphic design. having been out of school for many years, you should expect that you might need to correct some errors in the way you write, but it is not too much to learn. You can do it!! Read the teachings of Diana Hacker about academic writing.

Here are some errors:
I am a strong and passionate about this field, and therefore I strongly willing to participate in what ever enthusiastically seek programs and activities which are needed to complete relevant to my goals, and these are available at your fine academic institution.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / I need help with my essay. I am trying to apply for the Art Institute of NY