History: the city and not only classroom. GW Essay - what influenced you to apply?

waterbottle 1 / 1  
any feedback would be appreciated regarding grammar, how well it answers the prompt, sentence structure, word choice, transitions, etc

thanks so much in advance. I know it's a little late to be posting, but the application deadline is Monday Jan 10

Attach an essay of no more than 500 words indicating what most influenced you to apply to The George Washington University (required of all applicants). If you are applying to an accelerated or special program, also explain why you are interested in this program at GW.

On the first day of twelfth grade, my AP English teacher introduced herself as a graduate of The George Washington University. Curious about the school, I went home that day and decided to further investigate, as I always liked visiting DC. Lucky for me, GW turned out to be everything I was looking for in a school and I immediately added it to my list of places to apply.

My intended major is history, and I believe being in a city where history is often made would complement my studies. The history department at GW covers vast regions of the world throughout time, which is beneficial in exploring my varying interests. At GW I would have the opportunity to take courses that we not made available in high school. What fascinates me most about history is the impact the past has on the present, and how each event is interrelated and still relevant today. As a history major, I would not only gain factual knowledge, but the ability to think critically, improve my writing skills, and comprehension of text and the world.

Through my research, I have learned of the law school advising services offered to undergraduates, which appealed to me because I plan on studying law in the future. I wish to challenge myself intellectually and cultivate the skills needed to succeed as a lawyer. The ability to reason using a multitude of perspectives and methods would be a huge advantage in the civil service field. This is possible to achieve at GW because of the exposure it offers to the liberal arts. In addition to being a history fanatic, I also enjoy studying a variety of subjects including literature, economics, political science, and foreign languages. College is a time to indulge these interests and learn as much as possible within a community of intellects.

What I enjoy most about Washington, DC is the atmosphere of the city. It is a historical capital filled with culture. The amounts of resources, archives, and museums in the area are unequaled by any other location. When it comes time to apply for an internship, the city would be the perfect place to find work. In addition to studying on campus, I would also like to study abroad at one point in my undergraduate career. The study abroad program at GW is one of the best in the nation and offers more students the chance to travel than most other universities I have researched.

If accepted to GW, the exposure to my desired area of study would be unparalleled. I envision my experiences both within the classroom and away from it to be equally unique and rewarding. I strongly believe that all of these goals and many others, which have yet to be realized, can be accomplished at The George Washington University.
OP waterbottle 1 / 1  
bump, bump, bump
does anyone want to help me out? pleeeaase
Some one 3 / 7  
This is a well written essay, except the part about the lawyer kinda confused me. You might want to make it a little more clear, but I am not english wizard so I can't call that an error. No grammar error as far as I can see( a very short sight). Good Job!

Wanna help check my essay? I feel that my essay need to be more like yours.

Home / Undergraduate / History: the city and not only classroom. GW Essay - what influenced you to apply?