Important truths + Originality: GRE ANALYTICAL Writing : TWO topics

Maxim 3 / 6  
important truths begins as outrageous, or at least uncomfortable, attacks upon the acceptad wisdom of the time. (author Maxim Baranov)
The meaning of the word "truth" may be described different ways. In some general context truth may be assumed as imperative statement or something that is not doubtful. Some other book sources (especially psychological articles) determine truth as something personal, pertaining to the personal conciseness. Everyone has its own way of perception therefore, everyone has it's own ability to determine what is truth and what is false. Truthful things for one person can be complete false for another. If speaking about truth in its general meaning and about correlation of global truth within the concrete time I am fully agree with this statement that it almost always happened to be outrageous and uncomfortable and therefore contradicts with the wisdom of the time. The last statement can be supported with some facts from the worlds history.

To begin in chronological order, it worth to remember about Feminism origination. Until the first third of the twenty's century, especially in USA woman was considered primary as a housewife, sitting at home performing her daily chores and taking care of her children. Most of the professions were closed for women. For example there was no possibility for female to serve in the army or to be a pilot of plane. As some of the progressive women started their movement in order to enlarge their rights and destroy the stereotypes of those years about women as housewifes it was just like an outrageous and uncomfortable action. Male word was adamantly opposed to support women in their claims. But the very process of women emancipation was cal of the time and no one doubts now that it is truth that women ought to be equal in their rights with men.

Another example is that human of all races have their inalienable rights which don't depend on color of skin or eye size. But when Afro-Americans with their leader Martin Luther King refused to obey the government's policy which was directed on segregation in all spheres of human life, that was also sounded as something outrageous and particularly uncomfortable for most of the white Americans to live with Black people in the same neighborhoods, to allow children of all colors to study and the same class and, most ridiculous, to seat in random order in public transportation. All of those claims seem to be natural and truthful for modern people, but not for the people of those years who had been still covered with the tortured wisdom of those years.

Finally, if we will appeal to the sensational events on the near past we may remember some contradictive outcomes of one's behavior. For example, the president of USA Bill Clinton was accused in cheating with his female secretary thereby undermining president's reputation conventionally described as of high moral standards. That was outrageous fact and most of the American folk were not inclined to believe that until it was proven by abandon evidence. All in all, it was both outrageous and truthful at the same time. But this example does not lead to change in conventional attitude to the sanctity marriage especially if it exposed to others and may provide wrong example for the rest of society. This contradicts with the wisdom of time and the wisdom hopefully won't change in the future.

By summarizing all of these slight evidence one can surmise that important truth begins as outrageous, but will be either ultimately accepted by society as show two first examples or will appear as something truthful but disgusting at the same time and will be denied by the society.

"Originality doesn't mean thinking something that was never thought before; it means putting old ideas together in new ways"

In this era of rapid social and technological change leading to the constant raising of the life complexity all of crucial discoveries and invention of facilities that make our life more comfortable were made due to the creativeness of human mind. Any act of creativity requires original ideas. According to some scholar's concepts those original ideas are always based on the preceding ideas. Even ancient Greek philosophers like Plato believed that our world is formed with immaterial premeditated by God Ideas, which substantiate themselves in material things we are surrounded with in our daily life. Likewise, it's logical to set up the thought that originality based on old ideas together in new ways.

The very meaning of the originality might be illustrated on some significant examples from history of groundbreaking inventions, fashion history and even modern medicine which take the source for new treatments form folks medicine recipes.

There are some theories in philosophy which state the idea of cyclic and spiral development of the world's global history. According to the spiral conception all events happened in the past will occur later after some period of time but on the level higher than before. This can be illustrated with example of payment operations: initially presented with the simple barter of natural goods the very process was substituted with money and finally transformed to the modern technologies of virtual payment systems and credit cards. Fashion displays the idea of originality even more explicit way. Some patterns in very fashionable and up to date closing style may in fact be presented by the fusion of stylish concepts of the past decades. Medicine is coherently develops along with a new discoveries scientist make every day, but the originality and efficacy of the treatment technology nowadays is positively enhanced by old ideas of the folk's medicine.

All in all, the very human history presents the evolution of ideas whereas originality is only the instrument for putting ideas in the new ways. In either way without this process the experience of ancestors would have been forgotten and base for cultural evolution would be destroyed.
Truthful things for one person can be completely false for another. If speaking about truth in its general meaning and about correlation of global truth within the concrete time I am in full agreement with this statement.

that it almost always happened to be outrageous and uncomfortable and therefore contradicts with the wisdom of the time. --- I don't understand this sentence.

The last statement can be supported with some facts from the world's history.

To begin in chronological order, it worthwhile to remember about Feminism's origination.

... particularly uncomfortable for most of the white Americans to live with Black people in the same neighborhoods, to allow children of all colors to study and the same class and, most ridiculous alarming, to seat in random order in public transportation. All of those claims ("claims" is the wrong word. I do not know what you mean...) seem to be natural and truthful for modern people, but not for the people of those years who had been still covered with the tortured wisdom of those years.

There are some theories in philosophy which state the idea of cyclic and spiral development of the world's global history. --- very good!!

According to the spiral conception all events that happened in the past will occur later after some period of time but on the a level higher than before.

Either way, without this process the experience of ancestors would have been forgotten and the basis for cultural evolution would be destroyed.

:-) I am impressed with your ideas! The English writing is not always correct, but you have real understanding.
OP Maxim 3 / 6  
Dear Kevin! Thank you so much for correcting my essay! It is very kind of you!

Home / Undergraduate / Important truths + Originality: GRE ANALYTICAL Writing : TWO topics