Indigenous Ghanaian people; University of Michigan Sup/ Community?

wolverineboy 2 / 3 2  
Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it. (Approximately 250 words)

I come from a community unlike the one I have found myself in. The people I know and love, the indigenous Ghanaian people, have beliefs that could, if never, take a very long and hard argument to change. In the community I'm from, parents have very high expectations for their children. Parents never expect a "B" in tests; it's an A or nothing. I have lived through this for years, and as such it has become a part of me. It is for this very purpose; to succeed, that I have resigned to sought entry into one of the best universities in the world, University of Michigan.

In my community, parents take education to be a number one priority in their lives. They believe that in order for an African to succeed, he has to work twice as hard as a European or American would. This may or may not be true, but through colonialism, this ideology has come to stay.

I follow the footsteps of the great men from my land, Dr. Nkrumah being one of them, to find my own greatness. I apply to the University of Michigan in hopes of fulfilling this. The community I am from has trained me to be an ambitious person and reach the greatest heights possible in education.

Ghana is a developing country, and one that aspires for greatness. I am a product of such a country. Instilled in me are doctrines and the discipline that is to take me to the stars and back. I do not stand alone, but with the others, we stand with a common goal: to achieve greatness.
painglintun 5 / 15 2  
The conclusion is well stated as well as where you grew up in . I think it answer the question. I'm also applying to this school, if you could check over my essay I would really appreciate it.
Bighall 3 / 18 1  
This one is great. Your essay fully elaborates your unique identity and the community you from. I think this essay would help you stand out from other applicants.

Home / Undergraduate / Indigenous Ghanaian people; University of Michigan Sup/ Community?