interest in interactive media - University Entrance Essay

TrusTfmnp 1 / -  
Hi editor, thanks for taking your time to edit my essay. I need some helps on improving this essay and advice if this essay is out of point. Thank you.

A short written composition explaining why you are uniquely qualified to enter a specific BFA program.

I have always love to see photography and visual communication combined with interactive media. It is a lovely combination from my point of view, as it is a great way to present arts.

I have developed a keen interest in photography even since my dad bought a compact camera. At that time, I mostly captured the happy moments of my family and friends. After a few years, my interest in photography has grew hugely. I started to learn some basic techniques through websites, especially the macro mode. I used it a lot as it lets me captured the details of the subject. Photography is one of the art I love the most, as it lets us captured the precious moments in our life. Captured the beauty and emotion of the subject, maybe that is the reason why picture speaks a thousand words.

My interest in interactive media developed when I first saw a flash website. My first thought of it was cool and fun. It grew when I am in Game Development option, where I learnt to create different genre of games, the different art style in the art works, etc. My interest grew hugely during my internship, have created an educational game portal, using Flash. That was the period of time, where I learnt many skills in Flash. I love the way interactive media plays in our life, the way it interacts with us.

I started to have interest in visual communication when I first saw a typography. It amazed me, just by the words with different sizes and fonts, and it has became a beautiful artwork. A simple typography can affect our feeling and tell us a story behind it.

It will need a lot of time and effort to make the perfect combination of photography, visual communication and interactive media. I believe with my determination and strength, I will succeed.
Liebe 1 / 542 2  
There are a number of grammatical errors in your essay that should be corrected.
But the more important matter at hand is that you fail to mention

why you are uniquely qualified to enter a specific BFA program.
I have always loved to see photography and visual communication combined with interactive media.

It is a lovely combination from my point of view, as it is a great way to present arts.--- good sentence!

I have developed a keen interest in photography ever since my dad bought a compact camera.

After a few years, my interest in photography has grown hugely.

My first thought was that it was cool and fun.

You need to work on writing verbs in the past tense, like this:
It grew when I was in ...

It will require a lot of time and effort to make the perfect combination of photography, visual communication and interactive media.

great ending!

Home / Undergraduate / interest in interactive media - University Entrance Essay