Kenyon Supplement..Doing a work which you couldnt accomplish alone..

super57 6 / 23  
Describe an experience when you worked in partnership with others to achieve something you could not have done alone.

"Now it's your turn Sana" He smiled at me as if silently whispering "I know you cannot do it". I rose my chest high like saluting a major and bravely headed towards the window pane. The challenge was simple, to insert the finger inside the lock hole and take it back out. My small hand reached towards the lock panel and my finger slid in as smooth as butter."Ha-ha told you I can do it!" I celebrated my short lived victory. As soon as I planned to take my finger out it jammed in there like a rusted metal machine. "Uh-oh" I whispered to myself. Arslan broke into a huge laughter until one of his friends came running and gave a slap on his back. "Dude principal is coming let beat it!" They both "skedaddled" and disappeared in seconds. I broke into tears. My finger was stuck in the lock hole and not any other door. It was the door to principal's office! I stared across the empty hallway in hope of help. Suddenly I heard silent footsteps rushing towards me. It was my friend Hina. She came over and went through the situation. "It will come out the way it went in" She gave her "intelligent" theory and tried hard to pull me out. After a few minutes of wrestle and no further hope for success we gave up. "Go find a razor! Ill cut my finger out" I whispered to her. She chuckled and went inside thinking mode. No longer than a few seconds later, The Principal appeared from the other end of hallway and made his way to his office. We stood static and stared at his tough grin towards us. "Why are you holding the door knob?" asked he. "Oh sir, in your respect, please do come in" Hina smiled and opened the door for him. He smiled with an utter satisfaction. "how sweet" said he and lead himself in closing the door behind him. Hina and I both let out a sigh of relief. After a few minutes of struggle my finger finally "bailed out" as we rushed towards the playgroung to find Arslan for a little pay back.

I was five when this happened so its one of my most cherished memories. Open for Criticism:D
ZhoeK 5 / 173  
Sana

Maybe you want to talk about an experience when you were older, because 5 years old was a long time ago and most colleges want to know more of who you are today, which might have changed.

Other than that it was a funny story but maybe you could highlight what this incident taught you - though I don't really get the point myself. Or since it was a cherished memory, maybe you could relate it to an experience where you used the way of thinking out of the which you learned from Hina to solve a problem. Otherwise I don't particularly see how this story really answers the prompt effectively.

"Dude the principal is coming let beat it!"

Hope this helps!

Home / Undergraduate / Kenyon Supplement..Doing a work which you couldnt accomplish alone..