Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"Why I Want to Learn About Electronics" Texas State Topic "c"

codyajones 1 / -  
"Why I Want to Learn About Electronics"
Cody A. Jones

Ever since I was old enough to walk, I was taking things apart. I wanted to know how they worked and what made them "tick." My parents weren't to fond of this, when they found my presents taken apart. Over the years I learned to take apart old electronics that I would find in the trash and be given from people who no longer used them any more.

In high school, I took a class that dealt with electronic circuits, and I was hooked. I then took a class in computers, and drafting. I learned how to build computers and use CAD (computer aided design) to design circuit boards. From there I took the learning process home and started my own laboratory in my basement, and over the years I have invested a lot of money into test equipment and components and all sorts of books and everything I could get my hands on to learn something new about electronics. I really want to take this to a professional level and design circuits for computer hardware. Im interested in communications and would like to prefect wireless systems and maybe come up with new protocols and a more advanced way to sending and receiving data.

One place I found to get plenty of used circuit boards with lots of goodies was a computer repair shop in my town, I went in one day and asked "..what do you guys do with your old motherboards?" then one thing lead to another and I was bringing home a ton of old circuit boards.

I then learned how to repair those "free" circuit boards and resale them on a website. I guess you could say ive always been looking at things and wondering how I could make it better.

If your wondering why I waited so long to go to a professional school, well my fathers military. I graduated in June of 2010, and he was re-stationed from Fort Brag, NC to Fort Knox KY in October of 2010. I had to wait until the following semester to attend a community college. In the spring of 2011 I attended Elizabeth town Community Technical College, I was planing on attending Western Kentucky University in the Fall of 2011, but my father was yet again re-stationed in October to Fort Hood, Texas.

This is where he is going to retire so I do not plan on moving any more and would like to plant my roots and attend a university for a bachelors degree in science or engineering.

Home / Undergraduate / "Why I Want to Learn About Electronics" Texas State Topic "c"