"I learned to be determined, think big, inspire others" - admission

row45a 2 / 4  
When we first get a seed we gain a mindset of determination for it to grow. If it doesn't grow, we get rid of it or get something to make it grow. All of the extra soil is recycled. We allow no one to tell us what it cannot do. The concept must happen in order for men to become successful. We have to become determined, think big, inspire others, never allow anyone to define my future and be around growing people.

I remember someone telling me "My daughter did better than you and did not get into that school. Why do you think you can?" That quote hurt me so much, but also gave me more determination. My reading coach told me I was going to be successful if I stayed determined. Even if I did not get accepted, I am still going to try again. My new meaning is to 'not know I cannot, but I have to'.

One of most important thing a human can learn is to recycle learning. In my spare time I mentor my younger cousin, Jenese to move forward. She lives with her mother. Jenese's mother is not in her right mind, but Jenese is so smart. I hate see someone that smart waste it. There are so many young girls who have big talents, but no one to push them. I met a young girl who loved Astronomy. I told her to be the first to go to Mars. She was so surprised to hear someone tell her that. My mom used to tell me she was an actor, scientist, doctor and secretly President of the United State. After that I remember telling people I wanted to be Sectary of State. People started telling me none of that willever happen, think of something more realistic.That is why so many girls are not achieving as much. We need to push girls at a young age and telling them they can do anything. All of the information I received came from older and wiser women. I love talking to older women about life, they have so much wisdom. Wisdom should never be kept to yourself. Everything I learned in my pass I want to pass on to younger girls.

In high school I had friends who were not pushing me, but inside I wanted so much. I was an eagle around chickens. There I became caught with socializing and not focusing on my dreams of learning. I can recall having so many dreams of traveling the world and doing big things. I used to study the Encyclopedia and Atlas in the third grade. I blame myself for not cutting off friends who did not want to grow. I am responsible for allowing other keep me from being focus. The goal now is to move forward. Each friend who did not want anything, I kicked out of my life. I told myself "I have to be the eagle".College classes are more interesting and I'm doing so much better than in high school now. I am doing better because I learned to keep my mind on the prize and be the eagle. The eagle travels along. It's going to be hard flying alone, but in the long run it is worth it.

This year has been a learning experience. I began to learn who I am and focus on that. God has given me so many opportunities and ideas to engage in. Sometimes I feel like Socrates about not knowing. My interpretation of Socrates ignorance is 'I am not perfect nor do I know everything. Those are the reasons why I want to grow. Wanting to grow makes you wise'. Out of all the mistake or things people said in the past became a learning lesson. That learning lesson has helped me become a wiser girl about the world. I believe God wanted all of this to happen so I could help other girls choose the best path. "Knowledge is to never stay in one place. That's why there are other people. It's peoples job to past it on."
I challenge you to make a little change here:
The most important things I learned in life made me a better person. ----Can you replace the beginning of this sentence with something more meaningful? Specify what made you a better person. For example, I might write: "Being abandoned by my friend made me a better person."---That is an interesting first sentence!

I learned to be determined, think big, inspire others, never allow anyone to define your my future and ...

... mother who is not in her right mine mind??, but she (who, the cousin or the mom? This sentence is unclear, and maybe you need to separate it into 2 clear sentences.

I feel like a sentence is missing here> What is the failure? What is cut off?----> I can recall having so many dreams of traveling the world and doing big things. I used to study the Encyclopedia and Atlas in the third grade. I blame myself for not cutting them off. I am responsible for being my own failure; the goal now is to move forward. Each one of them I kicked out and...

This is one of my favorite essays ever... very profound and helpful to me in my own contemplation of things.

Sometimes I feel like Socrates about not knowing. My interpretation of ________ is like this: 'I am not perfect, nor do I know everything. Those are the reasons why I want to grow. Wanting to grow makes you wise'.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "I learned to be determined, think big, inspire others" - admission