What do you and LeHigh have in common?

Darshankumar 2 / -  
I like challenges because I have faced them since I was born. Challenging the challenges is my passion and I am sure that this passion of mine will bring out the best version of me. Lehigh provides a vibrant life in and out of the classroom, offering different programs that support, guide as well as challenge the students. Life at Lehigh from the first day to the last day is always a unique experience. Lehigh believes in a model code of conduct and I have been an admirer of rules ever since I started realising the things.

Lehigh has a wonderful environment enriched with diverse cultures across the globe. It is an astounding platform to reveal out myself sharing and imbibing the positivity of different cultures.

I was very curious about different religions and related mythologies. Sitting in the Library I always read them with great enthusiasm. At Lehigh I will get a chance to experience and learn about those religions and cultures.

I have always wanted to bring out the best in me and then follow myself. Lehigh is the best platform that will help me to explore and expand myself over the range of sincerity and excellence.

Lehigh selects students who are well off in context to intellectual curiosity, a broad range of interests, and a commitment to diverse and inclusive society. I have these qualities in me and so I feel myself to be an appropriate applicant to the University.

I want an admission in Lehigh because I look forward not only to a good academic support but also a life changing experience of growing under the shade of model code of conduct.

I would like to enjoy and cherish the freedom in the University and become an asset to the college. Lehigh is a heaven on earth in disguise of university. I want to

experience life in the only heaven on earth. Lehigh is the destination to realisation of all my dreams.
Darshan, there are no real commonalities for you to speak of in this essay. In fact, the information that you are sharing as a "commonality" sounds more like you just took it from the website of Lehigh. Your claims of having commonalities based upon the vibrant life on campus and in the classroom can only be made if you actually did a campus visit and experienced these for yourself. Did you accomplish a campus visit? If so, then you should declare that in your essay and give the statement a more personal , based upon actual experience tone. Otherwise, don't mention it. It really sounds like it just came off the student brochure and will not help your essay.

Commonalities between you and the university have to be based upon common values, objectives, a common mission, or common ideology. Have you tried looking at the university website for information about these? One of the notable aspects of the university is its promotion of "intellectual and moral improvement" among its students. Do you have that in common with the university? Or perhaps you also believe that practical skills need to be combined with informed judgements and strong moral self-discipline? These are some of the founding beliefs of the university that created their mission, vision, and objectives for their students and educational tasks. The motto of the university is " Man, the servant and interpreter of nature". Is there any way that you could also have that in common with the university as a belief? It is a liberal arts school. So what do you understand about how Liberal Arts are taught at Leigh? Any chance that is a commonality as well?

I believe that I have given you enough clues as to how you can best angle this essay to represent the best commonalities between you and the university. I hope that these will be able to help you better develop a more relevant response to the essay. I look forward to reading your revised statement.

Home / Undergraduate / What do you and LeHigh have in common?