Lehigh Supplement A, "never limit my academic potential"

Friarup819 1 / -  
As you researched and visited colleges and universities, why did you decide to apply to Lehigh? Please give specific reasons. What contributions will you make during your time at Lehigh?

Choosing to apply to Lehigh University was absolutely essential for me after researching colleges in the Midwest. Lehigh stood out tall amongst other highly regarded universities; the academic prowess of both its students and educators lured me to pursue placement in the College of Arts and Science. As a student with an undecided major I specifically filtered through universities that offered little to no flexibility in terms of transferring colleges. For this reason I was delighted to see that Lehigh offers students the ability to easily explore a massive amount of academic options (over 2,000 courses) and to transfer amongst all three undergraduate colleges.

I am convinced that the Lehigh would never limit my academic potential due to this and its advanced technology offered to students in an effort to enhance their acquisition of knowledge. Lehigh boasts of not one library, but three. The Fairchild-Martindale Library and the Linderman Library would surely provide for a comfortable learning environment. With wireless Internet and exceptional space to study Lehigh students certainly have it all.

Campus communities are also very important. I was impressed to see that Lehigh admits students from over 65 countries each year. This is an incredible statistic, I am grateful to see that my experience in Lehigh would be influenced from people around the world. Meeting and befriending students would come easy with the large amount of student clubs and activities offered on campus.

As a student at Lehigh I can offer my desire to learn and accomplish great things. I am a student at heart and I thrive on learning. I can contribute my opinions, knowledge and friendship to the students and faculty. All of this I would do in an effort to improve campus life and learning at Lehigh. I also have talents outside the realm of academics. I enjoy public speaking and am exploring my talent in it by applying to be a leader at my high school student retreat. I am also an accomplished varsity tennis player. I would love the opportunity to continue to participate in Tennis under the banner of a school, whether it is competitive or even just a club. Overall I believe I can offer Lehigh a well-rounded student who thirsts for knowledge, friendship, experience and excellence.

Forgive me if this seems rushed or of poor quality; I am very sick atm and welcome any criticisms you may have. Thanks in advance~ Ryan
lilmama1219 1 / 5  
I feel there is a lot of detail without evidence in your account of the school.
How do you know that your academics would never be limited?
What is your criteria you basing your statement of having it all on?
Did you have a checklist of criteria for each school you researched?
I am convinced that the Lehigh would never limit my academic potential, because it provides such a wealth of options. Furthermore, I appreciate the advanced technology Lehigh offers to its students in an effort to enhance their acquisition of knowledge.

Hey, this does not seem too rushed. You did a good job of giving specific reasons, but the reasons mostly pertain to broad issues. Can you give some reasons for wanting lehigh that will show your personality, your character, your specific aspirations? Add one more paragraph, and spill your guts!
sweethypnotic 1 / 1  
Lehigh knows they stand out, and knows theyre great.

Do some research, find values off their website or whatever that appeal to you.
In the first paragraph introduce it by describing (in modest terms) one specific thing about Lehigh (not an idea or your thoughts or their description of themselves, but something tangible) and then state in more of an idealistic tone why that appealed to you and WHAT made it stand tall

Watch out for cheap words (like prowess, "stand tall", acquisition.) If it could be said in fewer or simpler words, then do.

Undecided student sounds bad, you want them to think of you as a passionate involved student with varied interests. You sound like a bored student with no vision who is probably going to change schools quickly. That is very unappealing.

Basically this does not stand out because you sound like your trying to impress them.

They are reading alot of these. Limiting your academic potential is a pretty good topic to draw attention, but you need to find a more creative and unique way to lead them to that conclusion. You should not have to say that outright

Home / Undergraduate / Lehigh Supplement A, "never limit my academic potential"