Lehigh University Supplements; why did you decide for Lehigh? It suits my needs.

felixs07 9 / 10  
What values do you believe are important in fostering a cohesive, successful, and supportive campus community? Please provide us with details from an experience that you had that has shaped these values.

A successful university campus is one that leads its student's to new experience. One with a diverse campus community that allows students an opportunity to seek differences and similarities where identity is exchanged. The optimum cohesive environment would be able to achieve goals and recover from failure while allowing students to be as one, creating a system of support. Though we are derived from different backgrounds this is what enables the community to work together in pursuit of different goals. Lehigh's small community campus allows students to confront the correct path by working as one; which calls for success.

Abercrombie & Fitch is a prime example of a cohesive, successful, and supportive atmosphere. The company allows for its team members to act in unison as well as contribute to diverse comprehensive business decisions. I am so very proud that I am able to collaborate as a part of this team. Being in a diverse workplace has allowed me to learn many new things from different people. This experience has allowed me to become successful by learning from others and converting this into a supportive community. Those who need assistance can turn to a fellow team member, and the members who are well informed are glad to extend a helping hand. These values resemble what a prestigious university contains .

As you researched and visited colleges and universities, why did you decide to apply to Lehigh? Please give specific reasons. What contributions will you make during your time at Lehigh?

Lehigh offers a first rate education, but it also drives students to seek their goals. I chose to apply to Lehigh for several reasons; some of them being: remarkable academics, professor to student ratio, and Lehigh's renowned engineering program . From my experience in researching universities, I have found that these attributes make Lehigh's characteristics unique amongst other colleges. Lehigh has academic outreach services that provide students with tutoring sessions, textbooks, and assistance in every field to reach optimum satisfaction. Lehigh's community is one very different from other colleges I have visited. When I visited Lehigh University I felt a part of the family. In addition, I found the small class size and student to faculty ratio to be impressive. This intimate setting is the ideal learning atmosphere for me. The communication between students and professors has made it easy to understand and access one another. Visiting Lehigh has taught me that Lehigh professors really care about their students' education by having flexible office hours where students can speak one on one or in a group setting with their professors for additional help or further discussion on any topic. Another important characteristic of a university for me is being able to relate and connect to fellow colleagues in a given environment. Lehigh has hundreds of clubs that bring people who share common interests together. Lehigh also gives opportunity for minorities to have high confidence in their university. The perfect example is SHPE (Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers). Since this program allows Hispanic students to pursue undergraduate degrees in its engineering field, I would be able to choose classes that best accommodate my goals and interests. I feel that I am a well-rounded candidate for this engineering program. These values allow students to become successful and supportive which make the environment easier to contribute to. I am a responsible student, a leader, and I would do my part to keep up the name and standards of Lehigh University. I would love to contribute everything possible to create an excellent campus community environment. After much research, I choose to apply to Lehigh because it suits my needs.
A successful university campus is one that leads its students to new experience--one with a diverse campus community that allows students an opportunity to seek differences and similarities where identity is exchanged.

This experience has enabled me to become successful by learning from others and converting this into a supportive community.

These values reflect what a prestigious university contains.

Lehigh offers a first rate education, but it also drives students to seek their goals. I chose to apply to Lehigh for several reasons, including : remarkable academics, professor to student ratio, and Lehigh's renowned engineering program.
OP felixs07 9 / 10  
thank you, been very helpful... anymore revisions just let me know
scalabrine6 - / 2  
Lehigh - 2 essays or 1 is enough?

do you have to do 2 essays for lehigh or is 1 good enough, even though it says do 1 of the following?
Anonymoussenior 17 / 133  
If it says do one of the following then you are only required to submit one essay; however, you can chose to submit an additional essay and it will also be considered.

Home / Undergraduate / Lehigh University Supplements; why did you decide for Lehigh? It suits my needs.