LGBT people - Why Davidson? 'Davidson and I have the same values'

menglingziyan 1 / -  
Any feedback would be really appreciated!! I'm an Internation student by the way

Why Davidson College

Most of all, I think Davidson and I have the same values. Davidson cares more about character than education, more about content than grades, and I want to lay solid foundation for my future and become a person with integrity through liberal arts education at college. I am attracted by Davidson' honor code system, which can foster a sense of trust that can't be found in many other colleges.

Davidson is well known for its rigorous academic environment, and I always enjoy challenging myself and mining my potential. At the same time, I would get the best assist as Davidson has so accessible professors. I read this post by a Davidson student, who was half-complaining that his professor even sent him an email on Sunday night to check on his progression. After laughing for a minute, I realized I wanted to work with exactly that kind of accessible and engaging professor, instead of sitting in 300-people classes where professors wouldn't even know my name. Outside the classroom, I am so thrilled about Davidson's great going abroad program. When I worked at the youth hostel, I met people from everywhere and became eager to see more of the world.

Apart from academics, there are many activities that interest me, like I would surely want to become a part of the GSA. One of my major goals is to increase people's understanding of LGBT people, and I have engaged in such activities in high school. Plus, I really like the location of Davidson. I visited North Carolina two years ago and lived in a local family, and I would never forget how friendly everyone was to me. When I was there, I tried sharing with my new friends some classical Chinese literature, which they were actually fascinated about. I realized we all have an inborn curiosity about different cultures. If I am admitted, I would help promote cultural exchange by organizing such literature-appreciation activities.

In conclusion, I think Davidson is the best fit for me. It could offer me the best educational and social life for my needs, and I could become an important and integral part of it.
OMGreeny 3 / 8 1  
I like how you compare yourself with Davidson College at the beginning; the college can hardly object anything that is what they are. ;)
Additionally you did a great job at directly speaking to the college by giving specific examples that the institution relates too

At the same time, I would get the best assistassistance as Davidson has so accessible(use something like caring professors)[/b]professors. I read this post by a Davidson student, who was half-complaining(say something like couldn't appreciate) that his professor even sent him an email on Sunday night to check on his progression. After laughing for a minute, I realized I wanted to work with exactly that kind of accessible and engaging professor(sometimes less words say more, how would you like to leave all the adjectives out and just say that kind of professors.

If I am admitted, I would help promote cultural exchange by organizing such literature-appreciation activities.(that sounds a little bit like a rude trade offer)

I like the finishing, you may have to do a lot of revising, but I think the core of you essay is well established. Keep working!
I think it is also good to talk about how Davidson would help you with your specific academic goals and aspirations. You talk a lot about Davidson's features, which is very good. However, show them how you are going to make use of them to achieve your personal goals. For that you need to mention about your goals and aspirations too.

Home / Undergraduate / LGBT people - Why Davidson? 'Davidson and I have the same values'