Life, significant experience,achivement,risk u have taken and its impact

alok8484 1 / -  
Life lived for others is a life worthwhile
I never realized a real meaning of community service until summer 2005, when I spent 10 days at an orphanage - "Gram Seva Trust" in India. Never before had the course of ten days ever affected me so much. The objectives of the institution were to provide a chance to aspire and accomplish their dreams and give them a home, a family, and an opportunity to succeed in the world. A lost soul can be set back on track if given hope, and that is precisely what this home does. While my stay there, I taught the children to eat healthy and nutritious food and helped them with their homework. I helped teachers in managing their after school activities.

I realized that helping others, especially those less fortunate than me, is one of the best things I have ever done. During my stay at Gram Seva, I have learned that I must be the change that I want to see in the world and the best way to find myself is to lose myself in the service of others. The selfless efforts of the directors, teachers and volunteers inspired me to continue community service and make a difference.
ohellothere - / 8  
Hello :)

Just a few thoughts:

Is this the question for the Common Application? If so, essays are typically 500-1000 words, so it looks as though yours is a bit short. The experience you are writing about seems like a perfect one to write about though! Try to elaborate more by adding more detail and being more specific. Great work so far!
Say "life" or "a life," but not both:
A Life lived for others is a life worthwhile.---I like this one.

Life lived for others is life worthwhile.---this one sounds funny, but it is poetically cool.

The objective of the institution was to provide children a chance to aspire and accomplish their dreams, and give them a home, a family, and an opportunity to succeed in the world.---- your way was not wrong, but see if you like it as objectives instead of objective.

Home / Undergraduate / Life, significant experience,achivement,risk u have taken and its impact