Like a Pear UTSA topic C

alexandra2012 1 / -  
I dont know how I would've turned out without her. She has kept me under her wing without much room to breath, and lead me through alot. Although I often complain about the supremacy she has over me, without it, I would be nothing. Like all mothers, she has taught me right from wrong, she has taught me how to tie my shoes, and how to act like a lady. I dont base all my choices on the way she's raised me, but I sure have her rules engraved into my brain. I can tell you right now, I haven't turned out the way she wants me to be, because I find it hard to be perfect, and because I am the second most stubborn person in this world, falling under my mother. I could follow the rules of anybodys but hers. I felt as though she wanted me to be an improved clone of herself. I hadn't realized that this wasn't anything wrong, but something admireable, until just recently.

When i get caught doing something wrong; bad, behind my mothers back, i tend to lie, or make it seem like it's not as bad as she thinks. She see's right through me though. I am nothing but an ice cube to her, if she stares at me with her inflamed eyes, and studies me hard enough, eventually I'll melt away and tell her everything. She then begins the "Gold Process." She starts off with making me feel really bad, pointing out how i shouldn't have made the mistake. Then transitions into making me feel like a complete dunce, by pointing out why i was wrong and dumb for making the mistake. After making me feel all that jibberish, she asks me "What should be your punishment?" That question is probably the most difficult question in the world of a teenager, and my mom knows this is hard to answer because she has already gotten to my core. I know I deserve to get in trouble, and grounded, but I want to go out on weekends, I want my cellphone and I want my car. I don't usually answer this question, which leads me into more trouble, and POP! My mom has a brick of gold in her palms, along with my cell, car keys and freedom.

Although, i hate that process, it has worked for years. My mother is so smart. She has taught me so many things, and has tried her hardest to prevent me from going down the rocky, dirt road she's gone through in life. Now that I'm growing up, im realizing, im really lucky. To have such an extraordinary mother is an honor. I can count the number of friends I have with mothers like mine on one hand! And im clenching my fist, which means ZERO. She has shaped me like a pear, and raised me like a beautiful flower with extra care. One day, I will be like my mother, minus the struggles, and having a baby in college to ruin it. I will show her that all the stress she gotten from raising me, is going to pay off. I want to make her the proud mom every mother wants to be. I love her, and will repay her with a college degree from a great university, like she has always told me she wants.

I remember listening to someone not too long ago, I dont remember who, but he/she said "Working for two, is more honoring than working for one, because you get double the pride."

This is for both my mother and I.
Mks57 1 / 4  
Correct grammar first. Change falling under your mother as just as stubborn as her. How do you feel about the guilt she has given you and what would you do differently if you were her?

Home / Undergraduate / Like a Pear UTSA topic C