"'A little lie is useful in some cases?' - an ethical dilemma that you encountered

tbvjaos555 7 / 11  
Maximum is 200, Thank you

The saying goes, 'A little lie is useful in some cases.' But it is not always true. Sometimes even a small lie could make the problem worse. Although people use white lie for good reason, I would believe telling a truth is better than telling a lie.

When I was in grade 11, I met my new Student Life Organization (SLO) teacher for the first time. The time that I met her was somewhat weird. I saw a big woman who tried to go inside of SLO office hardly, while playing basketball.

One day, as I went into SLO office, I could hear raised voice of SLO teacher. After she found me out, she asked me that whether she was big woman or not. I didn't get the point of asking, and I was so confused. So I just said that she was normal. I believed that, in this case, was better to tell a lie than tell a truth not to hurt her feeling. But she knew that she was big, and she was angry about a lie.

Since then, in every single case, I started to keep the very quote in mind before say something, 'Circumstances alter cases.'
krysf14 1 / 4  
As the saying goes, 'A little lie is useful in some cases.' But this is not always true. Sometimes even a small lie can make the problem worse. Although people use white lies for good reason, I would believe telling the truth is better than telling a lie.

My junior year in high school , I met my new Student Life Organization (SLO) teacher for the first time. The time that I met her was somewhat weird. I saw a big woman who tried to go inside of SLO office hardly, while playing basketball.(This needs to be rephrased. It's confusing.)

One day, as I went into entered the SLO office, I couldheard the raised voice of my SLO teacher (descibe what she was doing; yelling at you?). After she found me out (?) , she asked me that whetherif I thought she was a big woman or not. I didn't getunderstand her point of asking and I was so confused. So I lied and told her she was normal. I believed that it was better to tell a lie than tell a truth in an effort to not hurt her feelings. But she knew that she was big, and she was angry about a lie. (rephrase)

This experience has taught me to keep the very quote in mind before say something, 'Circumstances alter cases.'

The overall meaning is there, but tweeking it make it flow and giving detail to allow the reader to see what you are talking about is what it needed. I made my suggestions, but its your writing so make it you.
Instead of saying...
"but that is not always true"
it might be better to say...
But in other cases, a small lie could make the problem worse.

I suggest that because the statement is, "A little lie is useful in some cases," and this already implies that it is not useful in all cases.

You are smart, ans this is a meaningful essay! Your English needs improvement, but that is no big deal.

Here is an idea:
asked me that whether she was big woman or not. ---You do not need to write "that" here.

Also... the expression is "hurt her feelings" not feeling.

Do you have questions? I like the way you write.

Home / Undergraduate / "'A little lie is useful in some cases?' - an ethical dilemma that you encountered