LOR - recommendation for the course in Economics majors in the University.

mishra 2 / 3  
my LOR (applying at NYUAD For majors in economics)

Prasoon Mishra - suspended for violating the forum rules.

Dear Sir/Madam in my capacity as an economics instructor, I know Mr. Prasoon Mishra for last two years. Within the period of his studies, he has shown himself as a disciplined, reliable and conscientious student with the comprehensive knowledge in different areas. I have seen many examples of his talent and have long been impressed by his diligence and work ethic. I understand that Prasoon is applying to the undergraduate Economics program at your college. I would like to recommend him for admission.

Prasoon has outstanding organizational skills. He is able to successfully complete multiple tasks with favourable results despite deadline pressure. He successfully conducted a research on "Effects of Demonetisation in India on Small traders" in Economics.

Prasoon has shown strong leadership skills by undertaking various programs. He has been founder President of local organisation in his village 'Banking for women' which helps to empower women by providing them with banking related information. He has also been President of Small trade welfare society for consecutive three years (2014-2017) which aims at giving basic financial knowledge to the local and small traders. He has founded the 'Cultural Advisory Committee'. Prasoon was able to identify many hidden talents who are now confidant performers and bringing laurels to the school.

Beside Economics Prasoon has keen interest in Computers. He has prepared 'store stock exchange system' for the school which maintains database for all the materials that comes inside the store or goes outside the store. Prasoon has also prepared 'Student database system' for the school which maintains systemic record of the all the students taking admission in the school. He has used Java code to prepare both these systems.

Mr. Prasoon Misra has also undertaken various community service like 'Adult literacy Program' in which he has gone to villages in the vicinity of the school and taught the adults. He has undertaken cleanliness drive in his village and helped them to form a 'Cleanliness community' which is now running very smoothly under his able guidance.

In sum, Mr. Prasoon is a very talented, sincere and confident student. I recommend him, without reservation, for the course in Economics majors in your University.

Sincerely,
Ms. abc
Economic goldmedallist
Economics Instructor
VidyaGyan School, Sitapur.
Prasoon, thank you for starting the new thread for your essay. I assure you that this will be the best manner in which to get the attention of the students and contributors alike. You are sure to get the best advice and comments this way. I hope that you took note of my previous suggestions regarding the improvement of your recommendation letter.

Remember, the essay has to sound like your teacher is the one speaking. Stick only to the actual activities, topics, projects, and other academic encounters that you actually had with this teacher. Do not speak of other activities that she does not have actual knowledge of. This letter needs to be class and class activity specific and not, general in tone. Your resume inclusion is a dead give away that the teacher did not write the LOR. I already cautioned you about the consequences of such actions. Please take note and heed it.

Remove the references to the "store stock exchange program" and "Adult Literacy Program". Those two activities are not related to economics. It would be best if you can come up with a LOR from your school counselor or class adviser and use these two projects there instead. It won't hurt for you to have 2 recommendation letters from 2 different teachers who helped and got to know you in different ways. This will show the reviewer that you have a well rounded interest in academics and socio-civic activities.

Keep the focus of this recommendation on your Economics background because that is the same as the background of your teacher and the classes that she shared with you. Don't include programs that she would not have helped you or guided you in accomplishing. The reviewer will automatically know that you wrote this letter because you did that. That will pose a problem for your application consideration.

Prasoon, remove the last 2 paragraphs in the essay. These refer to activities that do not directly relate to Economics and were not directly supervised by your teacher who supposedly wrote this recommendation letter. I can tell that you were the one who wrote this because it includes information that comes directly from your resume and is presented as such. It does not have the professional voice of an educator and often, veers into the extra curricular activities that do not really have a relationship with Economics, which is the subject that this professor taught you in. For a more professionally accurate voice, remove the portions that I am suggesting. That will remove the obviousness that someone other than the teacher wrote this recommendation letter. I feel like I have already given you this very same advice before and yet, here you are again with the same recommendation letter that still contains the same mistakes. Please correct the essay problem points as I have pointed them out so that the letter of recommendation can be of more significant use to you.

Home / Undergraduate / LOR - recommendation for the course in Economics majors in the University.