Major in economics - NYU supplement essay

steve53 1 / 1  
Um.. there are four supplement essays in NYU. (each of them are 500 characters available) (Major in economics)

I have done two, but still struggling with two more...

Any suggestions please? T_T

Prompt #1 : If you had the opportunity to spend one day in New York City with a famous New Yorker, who would it be and what would you do? (Your New Yorker can be anyone -past or present, fictional or nonfictional - who is commonly associated with New York City; they do not necessarily have to have been born and raised in New York.) --> Not Used to New Yorkers... Do not know any...

Prompt # 3 : In the year 2050, a movie is being made of your life. Please tell us the name of your movie and briefly summarize the story line.

Thank you!
Liebe 1 / 542 2  

^Fictional characters include the characters of Gossip Girl and Sex and the City.
^That is what sprung to my mind immediately.
Llamapoop123 7 / 442  
In the year 2050, a movie is being made of your life. Please tell us the name of your movie and briefly summarize the story line.

This question is pure awesome. Wongfu Productions popped up in my mind (they make excellent and emotional short films). You should play around with timeline. Where in your life do you want to start? You could start in your future and flashback to your teenage years. This will hopefully be fun for you. Will there be a profound moral?
OP steve53 1 / 1  
Fictional characters include the characters of Gossip Girl and Sex and the City.

I am thinking of nonfictional characters (either present or past) rather than fictional....
Well.. I guess I am not a big fan of books and dramas..lol
Any other suggestions?

Will there be a profound moral?

I really could not think of any.
I guess my life was too easy.. lol

Thank you for the comments Liebe and Llamapoop123 !!
Appreciate it!

Any others?
Liebe 1 / 542 2  

^You are spoilt for choice then.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Not Used to New Yorkers... Do not know any...

The point would be to pick somebody very famous -- past or present, real or fictional -- from New York. If, truly, this is your response to that imaginative exercise, then maybe NYU is not for you. Sorry to put it so bluntly. But, you want to go to one of the best schools in the country, a school located in the heart of the nation's most famous metropolis, yet you are so disinterested in the world that you would not want to lunch with even one of the hundreds of famous actors, authors, artists, athletes, politicians, judges, business leaders and -- yes -- economists who are from or have lived in NYC? Or perhaps you are so disinterested in the city and the school that you have not bothered to look up famous New Yorkers (there's a long list on Wikipedia) while thinking about this question? This does not suggest that you are somebody who would make the most of the vibrant opportunities at NYU. Perhaps a smaller, suburban, less competitive school would be better for you.

Home / Undergraduate / Major in economics - NYU supplement essay