MIT EECS provides tools and resources; MIT admission short essay/ Department

duquevan 5 / 13 2  
Hi, I would like you guys to check my short response to the following thread:

Although you may not yet know what you want to major in, which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why? (*) (100 words or fewer):

Since very young I have found in engineering not only a source of joy, but also a solution to daily problems. I live in a country, victim of the war, where the everyday reality brings society new challenges; challenges that I believe someday will be answered through technology. In the future affordable robotics will give back legs, arms and even eyes to those who had to suffer the consequences of violence. I believe that MIT EECS can give me the tools and resources to respond to these needs through the one thing I love the most: engineering.

word count: 97

I would appreciate any correction or suggestion. Thank you!
xamanda 8 / 21 2  
One change I'd make is "a country that is a victim of war."

Also, can you elaborate on engineering as a source of joy? I know you mean it's fun, but it's worded a little oddly. I know this might be difficult because of the word length, but I'd think about changing that phrasing.

Overall, great job! It's very insightful and profound. Good luck! :)
OP duquevan 5 / 13 2  
thank you xamanda!
mohitsinghal95 - / 8  
Quite strong points are there maybe you could also help me since i am applying to MIT i want to know what should i write in the above essay topic
OP duquevan 5 / 13 2  
It hard to say because I don't know you. But I can tell you how i made it. First of all, i wanted to somehow demonstrate that I would fit MIT's ideal, which is having the intention of making the world a better place. So I worked with the conditions of my context: Colombia is the country with more landmines on earth! that is quite sad. So i took this idea to demonstrate that I wanted to resolve the problems of my context through robotics, which is my passion. At the end I concluded that MIT could provide me the necessary tools I needed for sintetizing this dram. You can make somethig similar by taking as bases your country, in this case India, and how you can help resolve the major problems of you context through your passion and MIT's help.

Home / Undergraduate / MIT EECS provides tools and resources; MIT admission short essay/ Department