Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"Does multi-disciplinary research team appeal to you?" - U of MD

sound10kp 5 / 12  
Hi how are you?
Can someone help me fixing any grammar mistakes and awkward sentences???
Thank you =)

Please answer yes or no. Does multi-disciplinary team research with a faculty mentor, lasting throughout your undergraduate years and dealing with the social implications of science and technology, appeal to you? If yes, briefly tell us why and what are some of the interests, experiences and skills that you would bring to such a research team.[/i]

Yes. Although I am not completely familiar with the procedures of researching in the field of science and technology, multi-disciplinary team research appeals to me in many ways.

By being a part of a versatile research team, I will be able to accept various ideas and methods of researching from different fields of study associated with understanding the social influence of science and technology.

Even though, I have not participated in any scientific nor technological research before, I always wanted to learn more about how science and technology affect people, the way of their everyday lives and the changes that happen in modern society owing to new technology and scientific improvement.

I am more appealed by a multi-disciplinary team than a research team that is made by people from only one discipline because if each person on the research team is from different areas of study, they would have varied ideas of how the research should be done from what they have studied.

Also, I believe a multi-disciplinary team is more beneficial to the project due to wide-ranging discussions, miscellaneous collections of ideas and manifold interests.
In addition, I would enjoy working with people who are majoring in different disciplines and accept their ideas as a team

Throughout my high school years, I worked on several planning committees and chain of command associated with school and I know I will be able to show my team work skills along with my leadership skills if that is needed. I am a good team worker and I enjoy sharing my ideas and discussing them to learn more about what others think.

I am also willing to work the long hours if that takes.

Since I have strong interests in education, cultural differences, and globalization, I would use my interests to bring out the best for the research team.

I would suggest to research about how the science and technology can develop new methods of learning, how the advancement of science and technology made globalization possible, and how have the science and technology allow people to communicate and learn about other cultures across long distances.

Also being a bilingual who speaks Korean fluently and I will be able to research about the social implications of science and technology in Korea which is one of the most powerful information technology leading countries.

Home / Undergraduate / "Does multi-disciplinary research team appeal to you?" - U of MD