Home / Undergraduate   % width   Posts: 3

Navigating Change: Lessons from Birds in Flight - US College common App

junkcsr 1 / 1  
Can anyone please provide feedback on the US undergrad collelge essay
### Navigating Change: Lessons from Birds in Flight

As I stood in the park one crisp autumn afternoon, I watched a flock of birds effortlessly maneuver through the sky. They twisted and turned,
gliding in perfect harmony, adapting to the shifting currents of the wind. Mesmerized, I realized that their fluid movements held profound
lessons about resilience and adaptability-qualities that have become essential in my own journey toward a career in aeronautical engineering.

From a young age, I have been fascinated by the mechanics of flight. My childhood was filled with making paper airplanes, each fold and create
a small experiment in aerodynamics. I would launch them from the porch, eagerly watching how slight adjustments could change their trajectory.
This hands-on exploration laid the groundwork for my curiosity about the principles of flight and the intricate designs of aircraft.

My passion for flight extended beyond the confines of the classroom. I sought internships and volunteer opportunities that would further my
understanding of the field. During a summer internship at aerospace company(Hindustan Aeronautics Limited),
I had the chance to work alongside engineers who designed advanced aircraft. I was captivated by their collaborative spirit
and problem-solving approaches. They often referred to nature for inspiration, drawing parallels between bird flight and innovative aircraft designs.
This reinforced my belief that observing nature can lead to groundbreaking solutions in engineering.

My fascination with birds also influenced my understanding of teamwork. In the park that day, I noticed how the flock moved as one,
coordinating their maneuvers with instinctive precision. This collective effort reminded me of the importance of collaboration in my own life.
During group projects in school, I began to take on the role of a facilitator, ensuring that each member's strengths were recognized and utilized.
By fostering open communication, our projects became not only successful but also enriching experiences that allowed us all to grow.

As I prepare to embark on my college journey, I carry with me the lessons learned from those birds. Their ability to navigate the winds with
agility and grace resonates with my aspirations in aeronautical engineering. I aim to contribute to the development of more efficient
and sustainable aircraft, drawing inspiration from nature's designs.

In essence, my fascination with birds has shaped not only my academic pursuits but also my character. They have taught me the importance of r
esilience, adaptability, and teamwork. Just as those birds soar through the sky, I am ready to navigate the challenges that lie ahead,
armed with the knowledge that every maneuver, every adjustment, brings me closer to my goals. As I take this next step in my journey,
I am excited to embrace the art of flight-both in the air and in life.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15282  
I am not sure which if the common app prompts you are responding to with this essay. I wish you had included the prompt so that I could give you the most appropriate review for your work. Right now I can only offer a general review.

This is not coming across as a common app response. It offers information that is more related to a generic personal statement.so it does not deliver the kind of information that the common app topics require. You might want to reconsider using this essay in its totality. It doesn't deliver the epiphany type of response that commonly accompanies the college admission writing prompts. This is more of a scholarship application type personal statement.
OP junkcsr 1 / 1  
@Holt We wrote this for Common App Prompt 1
Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be
incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.

Home / Undergraduate / Navigating Change: Lessons from Birds in Flight - US College common App
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: