NCSSM Application - [Need Help Reviewing Each Section]

Crazybutlost192 1 / 1  
- -The following sections must be completed within twenty one (21) days of registration.
- -Please limit items from 7th grade through the present.
- -You may respond to each question using a maximum of 500 characters.

Awards, Certificates, Projects and Recognitions (500 character limit):
Below are several accolades I have earned:
- Student of the Month (2)
- SVHS Swim MVP
- 5th Place - Regional Math Competition
- Invitation - People to People Leadership Conference
- Nominated - HOBY Leadership Conference
- Invitation - NYLF on Medicine
- Invitation - NYLC
- Vance County Schools Young Scholar Award
- Vance County School of Excellence
- Attended Camp Carolina Scholar - UNC CH
- DUKE TIP
- Academic All-Conference for Soccer, Swimming & Tennis
- NCHSAA Scholar-Athlete for Soccer & Swimming
- Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society Member

Extracurricular, Community Service and Volunteer Activities (Both in-school and out-of-school) (500 character limit):
At Southern Vance High School, I am a member of several clubs:
- Key Club - Carve pumpkins with local orphanage on Halloween & collect money for UNICEF.
- SGA
- Spanish Club - Made Christmas gifts for SVHS Exceptional Children, orchestrated a Christmas party for local elementary school & went to nursing home to celebrate holidays with residents; we are planning a trip to Bogota, Colombia in spring where we will meet with tribes in the Amazon.

- Leo Club - Collect cans for Salvation Army & hold an annual dinner for deaf & blind with Vance County Lion's Club.
- Science Club - Adopt-a-Highway
- Math Team - Math Competitions
I also participate in three sports: varsity soccer, swimming & tennis. On my club swim team, Vance Aquatics Club Barracudas, I swam 300 laps for Laps-for-Life for charity. In my community, I am a member of Boy Scout Troop 605 in Henderson, NC; I am at the rank of Life Scout & currently working on my Eagle Scout Project at Kerr Lake Campground Nutbush South. My Eagle Project will be at least 100 hours of cumulative volunteer hours. Through Scouts, I have accumulated well over 100 hours of community service by: making dinner for a church, helping the elderly with yardwork & collecting cans for the needy.

Leadership Positions and Activities (500 character limit):
I hold several leadership positions at my school:
- Sergeant in Arms of Key Club
- Class Representative for SGA
- President of Spanish Club
- President of Leo Club
On my soccer team & swim team, I strive to uphold a competitive, goal-oriented environment, as I consistently urge others to cheer our teammates on to victory. In the swimming pool, I am an assistant coach for the Vance Aquatics Club Barracuda swim team, on which I also swim. I also lifeguard for the local recreation center. I am certified in CPR/First Aid, so I am constantly alert for people who may be hurt or become hurt. Outside of the pool, I referee soccer games for recreational soccer, & keep score for recreational basketbasketball.

I need to edit all of these sections down to 500 characters, but don't know how to do so without eliminating crucial information.

Please Help!!!!
I have to turn this in January 11, 2009.
PS. This is not the whole application. I have more sections to complete, but have not done so.

Thanks in advance for any possible help you give!!
OP Crazybutlost192 1 / 1  
Technology and Computer Experience (500 character limit):
Although I have not had any recent computer or technology oriented classes, I did take computer/typing classes from 2nd grade until 7th grade. Those classes have become the foundation for my knowledge of most things computer. At the beginning of my sophomore year, I enrolled in a college Introduction to Computers class that will provide more skills, topics, and applications to understand. Through many of my other classes and on a daily schedule, I use Microsoft Office, including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. I also have studied the topics of HTML and internet basics. I have a decent familiarity with multimedia and file formatting.

Other Interests, Talents and Hobbies (500 character limit):
I have played the piano for about nine years; I am currently trying to learn the electric guitar on my own. Although not as practical, I have learned to play Guitar Hero successfully on Xbox 360 and am hoping to hit it big one day. I enjoy going rock climbing in gyms whenever time permits, and next summer will be going to climb somewhere in the mountains of NC with my uncle. Ever since I was a little tyke, I have loved to read.
EF_Constance - / 143  
Those classes have become the foundation for my knowledge of most things computer-related . At the beginning of my sophomore year, I enrolled in a college Introduction toc omputers class that provided more skills, topics, and applications to understand.

I also have studied the topics of HTML and I nternet basics. I have a decent familiarity with multimedia and file formatting.

I enjoy going rock climbing in gyms whenever time permits, and, next summer, I will be going to climb somewhere in the mountains of NC with my uncle .

Home / Undergraduate / NCSSM Application - [Need Help Reviewing Each Section]