"the next Ahmed Amine" - Personal Statement advices from a moroccan

Cris7Junior 1 / -  
x²-8x+7=0. Multiply both sides by 0, you'll get nothing, quitting isn't an option. Plug in 1, you'll get a relatively simple solution, sometimes simplicity can be a good thing. In the end, 7 remains the last solution. I see 7 as the solution to the equation of my life, a simple number that can put to peace my life's mystery.

7 represents Cristiano Ronaldo. As a young child, I wanted to be like him, proudly wearing the white jersey of Real Madrid. As I turned 5, I joined my first soccer team and 2 years later, I was the one with the captain's armband. I recall one time when I wore a pair of jeans with football boots at school ; the same day, curious, my teachers asked : "Ahmed, who do you want to be when you grow up?", I answered (as always) : "the next Ronaldo". Eight years later, a knee injury added a glance of negativity, revealing that -8x in the equation.

7 is also my favorite number. Choose a number from 1 to 10, you have a 68% chance of taking 7. It's the only prime number preceding a cube. 7 got me in astrology too ; it represents Neptune and the seven sisters, a cluster that is 444 light years away. Looking at the sky, at dawn, was a simple way of savoring my early years of life, dreaming of becoming the future Armstrong of space, discovering new worlds, black holes and the universe's mysteries like in Interstellar.

7 also represents the number of scripts I wrote, weird right? I see that as a sign because cinema was the only thing that got me up through my trauma. After my surgery, I got a notebook, little did I know that this item will soon become the realm of my imagination. I wrote mostly stories to clear out my regrets - one deals with a young girls' journey to reclaiming her football career after an injury - and some superheroes stories too... The little Ahmed went from a Ronaldo to a Tarantino wish ; a new passion that got me into various journeys.

Searching for a spot to shoot a movie, I found myself 7 hours from my home-city. Arriving in Ait Baha was like seeing the City of God in Blade Runner - the streets were dark, lamps were rare and only the wealthy had access to electricity. The lack of basic amenities was humbling and an eye opener. I used to see cinema as the catalyst to my creativity, but, honestly, it's this experience that truly filled my notebook - every solution found its place on a page.

My solution isn't a numerical value, but it has a name : EcoZen. It's a project that might not save the universe, but I'm aiming for the stars. One day, I want to see every household on Earth enlighten ; I want to create a bridge between cultures and energy innovations. I want to create an organization that produces electricity in a really subtle way, at a household level, without changing the life's equation of landscapes. For example, putting an alternator in a water pipeline can be a relatively simple solution to the equation, but that equation does have an infinite amount of them, and I'm the sum of all those solutions, noted S={EcoZen} (for EcoZen ∈ ℕ*).

Creating EcoCare and debating about global energetic disparities in MUN gave me an approximate value of 6.99 to the equation, but, no matter how much I try, it will never hit 7, not with my current knowledge honestly. Finding its solution might take some time, and a lot of coffee, but, standing at the intersection of my past and my future, I now realize that my life has always been that way. From chasing a dream of becoming the next Cristiano Ronaldo to the next Armstrong and Tarantino, I've always tried to find solutions in others. Now, I plan to create the next Ahmed Amine. I aspire to become the author of change, the storyteller of impact, and the hero of my destiny.
You are trying to over impress the reviewer with this presentation. All you will succeed in doing, by overcomplicating what should have been a simple presentation, is turning him off from continuing to read your presentation. You are not going to presenting this paper to math experts. You will be presenting this to lay people who may not have the sort of math acumen you hope to impress the reader with. Keep it simple. Be straightforward. Discuss. Leave math out of it. Do not assume that your love for math will translate to the reviewer. You may not be lucky enough to get a mathematician to review your application. Err on the side of caution. Just discuss in an interesting manner. Do not force the reviewer to understand made uo, or even real math equations as you try to relate it to your application.

Home / Undergraduate / "the next Ahmed Amine" - Personal Statement advices from a moroccan