essay for NUS Admission- the major is Computer Science

nhxu 1 / -  
Hi everyone,

I was applying for undergraduate course in NUS and i have to write an essay on the following topic:

This section is an opportunity for you to elaborate on the information you have provided earlier. You may wish to discuss a special talent, a personal experience or an activity that you have been involved in that is of relevance to the course that you are applying for at the university. (2000 characters max)

hear is my essay. please help me to improve it. thank you very much!!!

Computer Science is one of the most important fields of Science and it is also my future. By applying to Computer Science in NUS, I want to be well-prepared for the future.

I found my passion and ability in Computer Science as soon as I was in high school. When I was in grade 11 ad 12, I participated in the Vietnam National competition for senior student in Mathematics, and I got two incentive awards. After that I had a chance to learn about algorithm and computer and soon they became my most favorite subject. It encourages me to participate in the National competition for solving problem by using scientific calculator and I got an incentive award. These awards have proved my ability and knowledge in Mathematics.

In high school, I am very good at not only Mathematics but also other Natural Science subjects such as Physics and Chemistry. I have built up a good knowledge in Science and it helps me to have an effective learning method. I think the knowledge I acquired in high school would be useful for my learning in university.

When I chose my major in University, I hesitated about learning Mathematics or Computer Science. However, I did found my great passion in Computer Science, and I feel more interested in applying Computer to real life than doing Mathematics research. The first time I read a book named "How to solve a problem in Computer?" ( Vietnamese book), I found this is my future. In this book, I first knew about Artificial Intelligent, an interesting field of Computer Science, and I desire to understand and study it.

I believe with an excellent academic background and a strong passion, I will take my best learning and advantages in NUS.
ou may wish to discuss a special talent, a personal experience or an activity that you have been involved in that is of relevance to the course that you are applying for at the university.

Well.... I think you need to present your case in a more creative manner : )
Don't just list down your achievements because that presentation may not stand out what the other applicants have submitted. The admission committee goes through hundreds of applications and they need to remember you among them... So give more emotions to your writing and present it in a more interesting manner. You write well and this cant't be a hard task for you : )

Home / Undergraduate / essay for NUS Admission- the major is Computer Science