Outgoing, passionate and holistic - Tell us about who you are

Shitty05 1 / -  
'Outgoing, passionate and holistic are some adjectives my family and friends will use to describe me.'

When I was 13 years old, I was a reserved person. I've always wanted to be in a comfortable atmosphere. In Grade 9, my parents gifted me with a new laptop by enticing me to study Computer Science. I thought studying computers would be extremely difficult and that it was only appropriate for nerds and top pupils.

But I was completely wrong. I first ventured into the computer world and out of my comfort zone. Computers were perhaps the best decision I have ever made when I first started learning and studying them in groups with my friends and peers. At first, computers were indeed challenging, and I had a hard time adjusting to my new environment. In order to overcome my reclusive behaviour. Effective software can only be made by a team; one person cannot do it alone. In order to give students more opportunities to learn about computers outside of the classroom, I founded the first computer science club at my school.

Five years later,'Outgoing, passionate and holistic are some adjectives my family and friends will use to describe me.'

This journey allowed me to improve my leadership, accountability, and creative abilities. I've enhanced my communication and organisational skills and discovered how simple actions can lead to significant outcomes. I intend to use these newly acquired skills to launch initiatives at UBC.
The prompt will be used to assess how well you will merge into the student community of the university you are applying to. It will be the basis by which the way you perform socially and how well accepted you are within your community based will be judged. The reference points are targeted towards your character as a child of the family, friend to your peers, and your ability to cooperate and work with a group such as schoolmates, clubmates, and community group participation. All of which will prove if you are well rounded enough and ready to participate in an unguarded academic setting such as college. That you are socially prepared for a multicultural and diverse environment with related experiences.

Therefore, the discussion points used in this essay are incorrect. It cannot be written from the first person point of view. The opinions referenced need to be from the third person, as explained by friends, family members, and community leaders. It is their opinion and how they perceive the applicant that matters. This prompt cannot be used for self serving purposes such as the ones currently present in the statement.

Home / Undergraduate / Outgoing, passionate and holistic - Tell us about who you are