My passion for justice - Personal statement as a law student applying for gks

Jessie345 1 / 1  
Growing up in a home where physical abuse was a constant presence, I witnessed firsthand the devastating impact it can have on individuals and families. Tragically, I lost my mother to abuse at a young age, leaving an indelible mark on my life. However, rather than succumbing to despair, her memory became a source of inspiration, igniting within me a fierce determination to pursue a career in law to fight against abuse and seek justice for those who have suffered.

My journey has been marked by challenges, but also by resilience and determination. Despite the hardships I faced, I refused to be defined by my circumstances. Instead, I channeled my pain into purpose, vowing to break free from the cycle of abuse and create a better future for myself. Through perseverance and sheer willpower, I overcame obstacles and emerged stronger than ever before

Recently, I encountered someone online who had also endured abuse. Hearing her story was a stark reminder of the prevalence of abuse in our society and the urgent need for advocates who are willing to stand up and speak out against it. It reaffirmed my commitment to fighting against abuse and seeking justice for survivors, fueling my determination to pursue a career in law.

In my quest to become a more effective advocate for survivors of abuse, I made the decision to study Korean language. Beyond expanding my linguistic abilities, I recognized the importance of gaining insights into Korean culture and legal systems. By understanding the unique challenges faced by survivors in Korea and the resources available to them, I hope to better serve and support those in need.

In conclusion, my experiences have shaped my aspirations and fueled my passion for justice. As I embark on this journey, I am grateful for the opportunity to use my voice and my skills to make a difference in the lives of others. With unwavering determination and a commitment to excellence, I am prepared to take on the challenges that lie ahead and advocate tirelessly for those who has been Silenced by abuse.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15153 4857  
Your response is not really aligned with the writing prompts and guidelines for U-GKS. Did you download the application packet and read the personal statement requirements? If you did, then you should know that you are not giving the reviewer the information that is required for the written application. He is not really focused on your experience with abuse alone. He needs you to provide a well rounded personal, educational, and social insight. Your presentation is shallow at best. Considering that you have 3 pages to work with here, you should be presenting more informative information. Review the writing guide and compare it to what you have here. Add information and improve paragraphs as needed, based on the information required.
OP Jessie345 1 / 1  
Thanks. One essay per thread please.

Home / Undergraduate / My passion for justice - Personal statement as a law student applying for gks
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: