My past made me who I am today; HOWARD - Strengths, weaknesses, motivation

brialove 1 / -  
In 500 words, tells us about what makes you, you. What are your strengths, weaknesses, and your motivation? What separates you from any other applicant? How do you think Howard University will increase your strengths and diminish your weaknesses

I believe that my past makes me who I am today. As a little girl, I thought my father would always be in my life. When he left my mother, siblings and I it was a truly devastating time in my life. It were times when I went to sleep at night and prayed that we will still have a roof over our heads the next day. For months and months and still to this day, I wondered how can my father do this to his family, the same person who told us everyday that he loved us and to trust him that he would never do anything to hurt us. Well now trust is a fear of mines that I am still trying to overcome.

Today I have grown to be a hardworking individual. I know that I possess the determination and Leadership qualities necessary to succeed. Such qualities are an integral part of success both in and out of the classroom. But, one of my weaknesses is my tendency to take on more than I can handle. I sometimes can overwork myself during situations even though it is with the best intentions.I can be set apart from other applicants because of my unshakable drive and motivation for success. My motivation stems from the desire for success and a degree in administration of justice, and a future career of becoming a lawyer.

A Howard degree will ultimately allow me to achieve my goals. Its rigorous curriculum and programs will definitely test my strengths by forcing me to work hard. But at the same time, such work ill force me to fix my weakness. Getting through this hardship taught me to use hardships as stepping-stones to my dreams. I am now a more rational person and I take life more seriously. However, I learned to enjoy every day because I have every reason to; I made it through every fight and up back on top. I didn't let the struggles deter me or keep me back. I am proud to say that I made it to a new chapter in my life. If I am fortunate enough to experience Howard University, I will continue to enhance my character and mold my developing maturity.
I believe that my past makes me who I am today.

I believe my past had made me who I am today.

When he left my mother, siblings and I it was a truly devastating time in my life.

When he left me, my mother and siblings, I felt devastated.

Itthere were times whenthat I went to sleep at night and prayed that we will still have a roof over our heads the next day.

... strong sentence

For months and months and still to this day, I wondered how can my father do this to his family, the same person who told us everyday that he loved us and to trust him that he would never do anything to hurt us.

This one sounds slightly repetitive of your idea... Let's try some other way;
For a long time, and even still, I have been struggling to comprehend the reasons why he, the same person who showed so much love towards us, cheated us left so painful memories in our hearts.

Home / Undergraduate / My past made me who I am today; HOWARD - Strengths, weaknesses, motivation