perfect contentment - place/environment where you are perfectly content-Common Application

flamemaster3457 1 / 1  
Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there, and why is it meaningful to you?

An environment where I feel content would be college. Even though I'm a senior in high school, my peers in college accept me as a friend and as a fellow student. It is meaningful because in high school I felt that the classes weren't pushing us to our full potential and I wanted more. I started college in my junior year of high school to see if it had what I was looking for, and it does. I was determined for something great in my future and I thought getting a couple years of college would be a better way to achieve my goals than to stay in high school. School may seem like a weird place to be happy at but I find the challenge of the assignments, tests, and my age to be intriguing and invigorating.

I wouldn't call it perfect contentment though because in reality it isn't only about the challenges. Studying and responsibilities make up a big part of why most people don't find college or any schooling a happy place. Those two things are stressful but they add to the challenge. With me starting college at sixteen, now seventeen, I have to show that I can hold up to the stress of college to stay there. In the long run, I see these two years in college will help me a lot more than two years in high school. It makes me happy to see that I am two years closer to my future goal in receiving a degree in engineering, and later on going back for a doctorate.
amarao96 3 / 7 3  
I think its little unfocused. the prompt wants where and why you like this place and feel content. I need a little more detail because the fact that you chose college as your place of being content might be expected and its more of list of things you found out about while you were in college. you should tell the admissions what type of college or college classes you were taking, why it drew you there, and why it makes you feel completely "right at home" being at those classes or that college. besides the obvious freedom and studying, workload. ect,
OP flamemaster3457 1 / 1  
The classes I took and taking right now are part of the "core". Classes like psychology and sociology to algebra and calculus. How would I integrate these "basic" but essential classes into the admission essay?
amarao96 3 / 7 3  
Focus on one class in particular. you can mention you are in other classes but this one class of all draws you in the most. Talk about how that class initially made you feel, how you feel now being there, the atmosphere, you state of being. Does the class make you feel mature like you have been at it for years or does this class make you feel content because of the knowledge you're gaining, the type of knowledge you can gain no where else but that particular class. Just have fun with it, be deep on describing why exact you are so content. I think this prompt is meant to see what exactly makes you "tick". Good luck, its great essay that you can take many places

Home / Undergraduate / perfect contentment - place/environment where you are perfectly content-Common Application