"To Have Pride" UT Transfer Admissions Essay. Topic A

taytayy 2 / 3  
Here is my other essay. I worry that i may have talked about one subject longer than it should have been. Like.. maybe i should have talked about what austin can offer me more? not sureee. Thanks!

To have pride is to have self-respect, feel personal worth, and attain the utmost confidence in no matter what you do. I'll admit I found my inner self a little slower than others. But I eventually got to where I wanted to be, nonetheless. By finding myself, I discovered that I am an imaginative, determined, and justly prideful individual. What I saw in my dreams will become the big picture I deserved to hold firmly.

Growing up, everybody was always so sure of what they wanted their perfect picture to be. I had an idea of what I wanted, but I was never sure. I knew I loved animals, but math and science proved to be a hindrance. Nevertheless, I was sure that once I got to college, my love for animals would defeat the difficulty of math and science. My thirst for knowledge, however, shot me down. It was at that moment of my freshman year where I, once again, had to re-evaluate what path in life I wanted to take. For what I lacked in academics, I made up in branching myself to different experiences. The one thing I always knew was that I wanted to be different. If it was stereotyped that Asians were always in orchestra, then that wasn't what I wanted. I immersed myself in drum line, multicultural organizations, and became the youngest manager of a restaurant I ever knew. I set out to be different. I set out to have great credentials one would never see. I wanted to be the unique one.

Coming back from my freshman year, I started with finding out what I wanted to obtain in the next 5 years. I wanted experiences nobody could ever take from me; and that I did. The months where I learned about myself the most was when I got a job as a hostess. Wanting to be diverse, I decided to give the restaurant industry a chance. Because of my devoted, detailed, and excelling efforts, my boss saw enough potential in me to guide me through the steps to being a well-rounded manager. Through the six months of being in a superior position, I matured with wisdom words to offer to my employees. I was able to lead them, ensuring them to go above and beyond the call-of-duty, and achieve goals. At times I saw it as a set-back, but I always knew it would make my cup halfway full. I enjoy interacting with regular customers, and receiving feedback of recognition for my hard work.

I regret taking the CAP program I was offered for granted. However, I do not regret all the things I have learned and all the experiences I have gained from the years I did not persistently try getting into University of Texas at Austin. With my interest in linguistics, creativity, and communication; I believe both the Textiles and Apparel Marketing or Linguistics department can offer much more beyond what is expected. I want the endless lists of internships, groups, and events in which I can participate to further the reduction of my fear of making the wrong choices. I want to be able to contribute my individuality and creativity where I can't do anywhere else. Most of all, I desire to pride fully say that The University of Texas at Austin is where I graduated and gained majority of my untouchable experiences from. What I could not accomplish before, I always persevere to accomplish deeper.
kitt34 - / 3  
I'll(I will) admit I found my inner self a little slower than others. But I eventually got to where I wanted to be, nonetheless. By finding myself, I discovered that I am an imaginative, determined, and justly prideful individual.

i think every thing is ok
Hi sorry it took a long time to respond. We had a lot of essays lately!

I wanted to mention that this part is strange:
I set out to be different. I set out to have great credentials one would never see.---It doesn't make sense this way. Maybe you meant to type "ever."

Anyway, that is not a big deal at all. You could just write, "I set out to be different. I set out to have the greatest credentials possible.

But the reader will get your point anyway and appreciate your poetic style. Most of all, it is great that you pride yourself on being exceptional and that you have specific goals.

Home / Undergraduate / "To Have Pride" UT Transfer Admissions Essay. Topic A