Priority research programs - Northwestern University Common application -essay

Sciencetransmit 3 / 3  
NORTHWESTERN

Northwestern Statement: What are the unique qualities of Northwestern - and of the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying - that make you want to attend the University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified? (250 words)

As an international student Northwestern University caught my eye when I saw their international undergraduate enrolment continues to experience increases, and then I researched more and got to know about their prestige and reputation and got a clear vision that this school will be best for me. Since my teenage I was very impressed by films like Fast & Furious, Avengers and T.V. series like Prison Break because they have one thing in common that they have a team and they complete their mission in a group, first they make a master plan and then they execute it. I was so inspired by this thought that I founded some clubs in my school in which we work as a team and accomplish things which were impossible to be done alone. In Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science I got to see a similar trend by watching a promotional video of Ford Motor Company Engineering Design Center where it provides with a collaborative environment and have facilities of research rooms and project display areas which I always dreamed in my ideal college. I have many dreams about my engineering career in which I make machines more intelligent and more advanced and I believe Northwestern will help me achieve those dreams with their challenging work and help of prestigious teachers.

One of the Best thing I found is the research programs as one of their top priorities and have budget of 1.5 billion annually and also offers Summer research programs for undergraduates, I always loved working in groups and develop or research about something that I am excited or curious, so I think Northwestern University is all I need to succeed
acewashere 5 / 12 2  
There is a lot of run-on sentences in this essay. I tried to have a go at correcting some of it but that didn't pan out too well. First things first, separate your clauses appropriately and take a good look at your grammar.

For example:

As an international student, Northwestern University caught my eye when I saw that their international undergraduate enrollmenthas been continuing to experience increases. Then, I researched about it and got to know about their prestige and reputation and,getting a clear vision that this school will be the best for me.

The rest of the essay is littered with mistakes. Apart from the writing problem, you mentioned prestige too many times. Your case of wanting to go into northwestern is simply not strong enough and by beginning with the fact that you noticed them by looking at their international student enrollment rate will make them think that "Oh, this kid wants to get into this school just because apparently its getting easier to get into it as an international applicant" which is a terrible impression. Plus, you did not really mention any specific detail about the engineering school of Northwestern at all.

It really needs a lot of work.

Home / Undergraduate / Priority research programs - Northwestern University Common application -essay