Pursuing medicine and experience with tsunami- UC Transfer Prompt

safiyyah1 1 / 6  
Any suggestion would be helpful. I have about a week to submit this. pls help. Thank you!

1. What is your intended major? Discuss your interest in the subject developed.
My undergraduate course, majoring in microbiology led to the understanding of small living organism such as the existence of bacteria in human body that can course human sufferings. This is the smallest forms of life ever known to humankind. The study of the science of microbiology is part of pre-med program. Majoring in the field of medicine has and always been my passion and ambition. I am passionate about becoming a medical doctor, because I want to make a difference in parts of the world where people are suffering.

I have a passion for helping people. I yearn to heal, cure and save lives of children, women, elders and those in need. I want to make high quality medicine available to these people. I wish for finding new ways of helping people, for seeing recovery and for seeing groundbreaking ideas in science. Of course, the science courses that I took as my undergraduate, add values to understand the basic existence of organism known to human. I realized that these courses at the first-degree level hardly scratch the surface of the known knowledge in the world of medicine. The study of microbiology is only the beginning of a science of healing. Nevertheless it does provides the foundation from which I wish to pursue more rigorously further. To me this is a dynamic and explosive field in medicine. For me this is a vision that I wished to be, the vision to serve human kind and a dream of a lifetime to contribute and to give back a little to the society.

I am very interested in a UC campus, which provides a number of research and treatment centers that will benefit me to be prepared to enter into the medical field. The study and the treatment of diseases and injuries, the advancement of modern medicine, latest procedures, new discoveries in human treatments, traditional medicine, conventional medicine, orthodox medicine and alternative medicine for cure etc provides new meaning in field of medicine. I am excited about these developments. These have inspired me to be a medical doctor, to learn medicine and the science behind it.

In a nutshell, medicine as I understood, it encompasses a variety of health care practices, health by prevention and treatment to illness. Further readings on the subject that include contemporary medicine apply to health sciences, bio medical research, medical technology, external splits and transaction, prosthesis, biologics, ionizing radiation etc. just to mention few. I am extremely excited about it. I know that I will ultimately be in school for far more years than my peers will, but I am willing to live penny to penny as long as, in the end, I can save a life that may not have been saved without my profession.

2. Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?

I have high compassion for others and am willing to face or accept challenges ahead, no matter how difficult it is. I have a dream and a vision of what I want to do in life. I want to live a meaningful fruitful life and take up a profession so that I can help others. All I want is to do medicine and to be an MD - the best possible. The little experience that I had with 'tsunami incident', gave a significant impact on my life.

Tsunami or 'tidal waves' that swap a small peninsula in Sumatra in Indonesia and part of north Malaysia in 2004 saw human catastrophe at unprecedented proportion. I was 14 years old at that time. More than half of my adult life spent in Malaysia, a country with a population of not more than 27 million, located in the equatorial, in Southeast Asia bordering city like Singapore in the south and Bangkok in the north.

Back in high school and in a very small way through the school's Red Crescent Society together with many of my friends, we raised funds and donate blood to help the 'tsunami victims' and the needy. We give whatever we can to help. Help from friendly countries came almost instantly. I observed that medical professions are among the forefront profession to offer help. But, there wasn't enough doctors to go around to help. Hundred thousands died while some coastal villages totally disappeared on the face of the earth. It was a devastating effects on human life that we never seen in our modern times, at least in this part of the world. The after math of the incident began to take toll. Numerous diseases like diarrhoeal disease, dengue, typhoid, malaria, other skin and throat diseases and other chronic diseases, which are life threatening spread like wildfire increasing the death toll even higher especially among the weak and infants.

The greatest lesson I learned from this experienced is that my conscience, my awareness, my realization, my sympathy ran very high with the unfortunate victims. We followed the event very closely. My frustration is that much more can be done but we are handicapped. I saw the doctors and other medical professions are at the forefront leading they way to help the needy. Tsunami incident in particular has resulted in a deep feeling in me that I wanted to do more. Victims are helpless. They are looking for quick answers to heal and to battle the incoming diseases. Yet little is forth coming.

The tiny microorganism known as viruses or bacteria or whatever terms used, still is a life threaten to human organs. The tiny bacteria are to be understood. New diseases are discovered. New healing procedures, cure, therapy and process are being invented through research. Medicine has become more complex and specialized than ever before. I am determine to be part of this development. Helping yourself to help others is indeed is a noble profession for which I wish to be part of it.

I'm need about 40 more words. can anyone suggest what should I add? Thank you
Cuti3N3rDx - / 3  
My undergraduate course, majoring in microbiology, led to my understanding of small living organisms, such as the existence of bacteria in human body that can course human sufferings.

This is the smallest forms of life ever known to humankind. The study of the science of microbiology is part of pre-med program.
Remove. We already know that.

Talk about how you gained the passion of helping and healing others. Everyone has a passion of helping people in their own way, but the colleges want diversity and you can give it to them by telling them your story!

In a nutshell, medicine, as I understood, it encompasses a variety of health care practices, health by prevention and treatment to illness.

I love your passion for helping others! I hope you get in! (:
OP safiyyah1 1 / 6  
Thank you for your help! I need more opinion on this. help me people!
OP safiyyah1 1 / 6  
can anyone help? I'm running out time

Home / Undergraduate / Pursuing medicine and experience with tsunami- UC Transfer Prompt